LPC2388 programs only once

Started by PQPGuy, October 17, 2017, 07:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PQPGuy

This has comes up before.  The first time, the chip programs fine.  Every subsequent attempt runs for a while and then fails with an error message saying something like unable to send/receive.  I am very new to this, and, frustratingly, everything worked ok for the previous firmware programmer.  Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?  I have a debug file, but I don't know how to attach it.

Many thanks.

PS  Yes, I am able to read the device signature.  (It says "boot loader v.3.3").

Andy Ayre

Your post has been approved, so you should be able to reply and attach the file. However first try changing the line feed settings in the advanced options. Try all four combinations.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

PQPGuy

Andy, thanks for replying, but where is the attach option?  Incidentally, your non-robot verification is rejecting correct answers.  I was asked about the Italian currency, answered "lira" and got the answer rejected.

Andy Ayre

Quote from: PQPGuy on October 17, 2017, 09:11:12 AM
Andy, thanks for replying, but where is the attach option?  Incidentally, your non-robot verification is rejecting correct answers.  I was asked about the Italian currency, answered "lira" and got the answer rejected.

Click on the reply button (don't use quick reply), then click on "Attachments and other options"

Italy hasn't use the Lira since Feb 28th 2002.

PQPGuy

Quotethen click on "Attachments and other options"

Yes, but there is nothing relevant there.  All I see is two check boxes: "notify me of replies" and "don't use smileys".

Andy Ayre

Please try now. You may need to clear your browser cache.

PQPGuy

QuotePlease try now

Ah!  Much better now.  Please see attached.

Andy Ayre

What are your line feed settings in the advanced options? Did you try the other combinations?

Andy

PQPGuy

Are we talking about Flash Magic or your website?

Andy Ayre

PQPGuy

There is no such option that I can see.  Where should I go?  Options --> Advanced Options --> ???

Andy Ayre

I just looked again at your debug file.

The title of this topic is LPC2388, but your debug file shows you have selected LPC1754.

Also your debug file shows you are using an old version of Flash Magic, something like 6.31, but we are now on version 10.67...

Andy

PQPGuy

I must have uploaded the wrong file.  This should be the right one (see attached).

Andy Ayre

This one appears to be from Flash Magic version 5.7x to 5.91, still very old. We can't support such old versions.

However I do see in your debug file that Flash Magic sends a line of data and the device fails to echo it back. Looks like the bootloader stopped responding while programming 0x40000000 -> 0x40000200.

Try removing the first 512 bytes from your hex file (you can do this manually in Notepad) or relocate all of your code to above 0x40000200 and re-test. If you can reliably program then it would seem to be a problem with programming/accessing the first 512 bytes of flash. If you can't then it might be a problem with the power supply to the device - would be helpful to know if it fails at random times or always the same block of memory.

Note that to provide further help it would need to be with the latest version of Flash Magic.

Andy

Andy Ayre

Also you might want to try lowering the baudrate and see if that helps. I've seen some devices struggle at 115200.