Stall + Not authorized

Started by hparracho, March 26, 2018, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hparracho

Hi!

I made a first install of flash magic on my machine last week. Everything worked as expected.
Today (26 March 2018) when I open the application, the application just stalls for 30 seconds or so and I get a message box saying "Not authorized".
After I click "OK" the application opens and works normally.

I tried to set the Date back to 19 March 2018 and the stall and error when away.

Working on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit fully updated.

Regards,
Helder Parracho.

Andy Ayre

Can you please give me a list of all updates you have on your PC - should be able to see them in Control Panel -> Uninstall Applications. What was installed between the last time it ran OK and March 26th?

Also what service pack level are you at with Windows 7?

Meanwhile version 10.90 is available that does not have this problem.

Thanks, Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

hparracho

Hi Andy!

The problem is gone! I mean... It is still there but is not showing up now.
I don't think the issue has anything to do with the windows updates, yet, if you still want the list of updates I can send them to you.
I have the Windows fully updated with all available updates as of today, both critical and optional.

Without changing anything else on my PC except my system date/time I get:
date <= 24 March ---> OK
25 March <= date <= 31 March ---> Not authorized issue
date >= 1 April ---> OK

I have tested this on several Windows 7 PCs with the same result.
Odd!

Andy Ayre

I guess an errant Windows update broke something, but perhaps they have now fixed it. Thanks for posting an update.

GGD77

Hello, I am new to flash magic but I worked with many processors before. I installed flash magic (latest downloaded a couple of days ago) and I have the same problem. However, even after I push OK when the message appears I have problems. It does not recognize the LPC-Link2 I have bought together with a NXP evaluation board.
I followed the instruction to install the driver, the LPC is correctly listed in the device manager but I cannot select "SWD over Link2" because it is simply not there... am I missing something? or has the "not authorized" error something to do with it?
I configured the switches as per NXP instructions... what can I attempt???
I tested 3 different PCs all run Win7 64 and they are all updated...

Cheers
GGD

Andy Ayre

Close FM
Remove jumper JP1 from the LPC-Link2
Connect the LPC-Link2 to your PC - make sure it is recognized by checking in device manager
Start FM

Currently FM only checks for attached debug hardware on startup.

Do you have three different PCs giving the "not authorized" error?

GGD77

Hi, thanks for prompt reply

yes 3 different PCs give me the "not authorized" error at start-up. One of them (the 1st I tried) also hides the message in the background and I could not see it/read it. It was appearing briefly on the foreground of the opened windows only when I was killing the main FM process from task manager.

Anyway I tried the "roll-back the date trick" does not work.

RE removing JP1
this was the first thing advised in many forums/tutorials for FM including on the NXP documentation I have tried: no joy... and anyway the device was always recognized in device manager at each test.

Last minute update:

Version 10.9 without changing any settings on the LPC-link2 worked... I just did this trial end error uninstalling and re-installing driver+FM for all the versions I could download. the oldest and my last chance just did it... all the others give me the "not authorized" message

Just now I have successfully erased the NHS3152 chip in the evaluation kit I recently purchased. Later will try to flash one of the other example .hex I know can be downloaded from the NXP page.
Regards
GGD

Andy Ayre

Can you please try this:

Install version 11.00.
Open a command window and go to the FM installation folder
Connect the LPC-Link2 with JP1 removed
Run:

USBManger --list

What happens? What is output? Do you hear any bings/bongs from Windows? Does the LED on the Link2 start flashing?

Thanks, Andy

GGD77

Hi, will try doing it from my desktop at work. Currently my laptop with 10.9 programs and works correctly and I do not want to mess it up.
In any case, all 3 computers have always (independently from FM version) done the sound of USB connected device and all of them at 1st connection after installing/re-installing the driver have detected the "new device" and have installed the software. I even tried to connect the device before starting FM and vice-versa few times I also tried to reboot the computer after the first connection... until now... no joy

About the LED blinking on the device, it was always solid until I started the FM10.9 while the software was starting the LED started to blink and I thought it was a good sign. In fact, the elusive option to program the chip over the LPClink2 was there and allowed me to program the chip.

I tested one .hex from NXP works as detailed in the specs.
Regards
GGD

Andy Ayre

The LED blinking at FM start is a good sign. Did it do that as well as give the "not authorized" error?