LPC 1549 - ISP options not working

Started by athmesh, May 23, 2018, 11:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

athmesh

Hello Programmers,

I've been trying to flash program through FLASH MAGIC via SWD over Link2 but none of the options in ISP are working. it gets disabled after clicking any option on ISP.

What is the reason? the error is same in another board.

Thank you very much.

Andy Ayre

What do you mean it "gets disabled"? What version are you using? If it's not the latest version then make sure to update first.

Please post more details and screenshots of the problem.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

wayneSGS

Hi Andy, I'm getting this issue also for the LPC1549 with latest FM v11.16.5087.
Just updated to FM v11.16.5087, under the ISP tab the only functions selectable are:
Blank Check, Read Security, Read Device Signature, Display Memory, Erase Flash, Verify, Execute, Go
All other selections under ISP are "grayed out" and not selectable.
I want to read LPC1549 flash and save to hex file, but unable to find any option to perform this function.
Besides Display Memory which doesn't appear to have save ability, is read/save flash available in FM?

Update: Found that File: Save allows read/save of a portion of memory, limited to 0x00000000 to 0x0000FFFF on LPC1549.
Under Display Memory the memory size is much larger up to 0x002003FFF, how can this be read/saved to hex?

Andy Ayre

If an item on the ISP menu is disabled then it isn't supported by the bootloader in the part.

The File -> Save As option supports more than 64kb. Note that for the LPC1549 the flash memory range is 0x00000000 -> 0x0003FFFF. The File -> Save As option only supports saving the contents of Flash memory.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com