Main Menu

ISP commands

Started by Jim Pomeroy, February 13, 2004, 07:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Pomeroy

I am attempting to develop an ISP application in a test fixture a design using an 89LPC932.  I want to be able to copy the code from a "golden" part to those being tested.  Acording to the Flash Magic features list, it is able to read any section of flash and write that to a file.  I have not been able to identify a command in the factory programmed ISP code that reads program memory and sends it back out the serial port.

How does Flash Magic do this?  Is there a command I can't find, or Philips doesn't like to talk about, that allows this?  Does Flash Magic download their own ISP code into the upper block of memory that allows this command?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jim P.
Stryker Instruments

Andy Ayre

Flash Magic can read from most parts, but not from the LPC9xx family. Those devices do not have a read command as you have discovered. If you notice, the Display Flash Memory option is disabled in Flash Magic when you select one of these devices.

I think a parallel programmer would be able to do it, but I am not 100% sure. Sorry.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Graham

Hi Jim,

As far as I am aware the LPC9xx family has NO code read capability through any programming channel. The only method of code verification is by the CRC calculation that the part does internally and then it only reports the results.

Makes them secure but doesn't easily allow for a 'golden' part as you desire for your production stream.

Regards,
Graham
support at pds51 dot com  ;-)