Command Line programming for P89LPC935

Started by jman777, February 19, 2004, 04:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman777

Please give a detailed description of EVERY step that the Windows Flash Magic program performs when a chip is programmed. What would be the exact same Command Line instructions?

Thanks!

Andy Ayre

An option to convert your current settings to the command line equivalent is on our To Do list and should hopefully make it into a future version of Flash Magic.

As there are literally 1000s of ways you can configure Flash Magic, I cannot list every single one. The manual describes the command line syntax and functionality, so simply mirror the settings you are using in Flash Magic. Nearly everything has a command line equivalent.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

jman777

There is a discrepancy when we use the Windows version and the Command Line version. We are using the Keil MCB 900 programming circuitry and there is a box that is checked in the Windows Flash Magic program "Options->Advanced Options->Hardware Config->"Use DTR and RTS to enter ISP mode".

The Windows Flash Magic program pulls DTR & RTS "high" then "low" then "high" to put the chip into ISP mode. When using the Command Line interface, the DTR & RTS lines do not do this.

How is this option enabled in the Command Line interface?

Thanks

Andy Ayre

The directive to use is:

HARDWARE(KEILMCB900)

I must apologise - I just noticed that the KEILMCB900 option for the HARDWARE directive is not in the manual! Sorry about that. It will be included in the manual of the next release.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com