Main Menu

COMM problems

Started by RK, April 09, 2004, 10:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RK

Hi,

I have been using flash magic for the past 6 months and I never had any problem.

Now I am trying to switch to a new computer which has Windows XP professional on it.

Every time I try to read the device code, I get a message "Unable to communicate (in use). Ensure no other application is using the comm port. Try raising or lowering the baud rate."

I have tried all possibilities on baud rate and all. I didn't get any help.

Could some one help me out with clearing this com problem.

Thank you
RK

Andy Ayre

Flash Magic is developed on Windows XP Pro, so I don't think that is necessarily the cause of the problem.

What device are you using?
What baud rate are you using?
What crystal frequency are you using?
Are you using anything like a USB to COM port interface or is it a built in COM Port?
Have you verified that the COM Port on your new PC works ok? If so what did you try to test it?

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

RK

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply.
I am trying to program 89C51RC2HXX. I never had any problem with the device before. I tested with all the possible baud rates and mainly I tested with 9600 baud for many times. I am using a 11.0592 MHz crystal.

The comm port is a built in comm port and the comm port is working good as I tested with Atmel tool. In different application I use atmel processor and I was able to download my program into atmel processor using JTAG and I had no problem.

Thanks
RK

erikm

A stupid mistake I might make:
After installing on your new PC did you remember to specify a 'H' device?

Erik

Andy Ayre

Please check you have the correct device selected and the exact crystal frequency entered.

Start Flash Magic
Press F1 so [Debug] appears at the top
Choose Read Security Bits... from the ISP menu - wait for the error.
Close Flash Magic
Email me the generated file C:\flashmagic.fmd
Delete C:\flashmagic.fmd

Use the Email address in my signature.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

rushikesh

Hi,
    I am a student i am using 89C51rd2.i do'nt  know steps to follow while programing I made status byte 00 after programing of WINISP ver.2.28
my controller is going to permenent programm execution mode then it can not be programmed . plz anybody tell me what to from first step about every thing i.e. vector byte,status byte,when to click write button