COMMAND MODE IN KEIL

Started by PADMANABHAM, April 25, 2004, 07:31:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PADMANABHAM

Sir,
I am using Flashmagic to program my P89C51RD2HBP with following settings device hardware is my custom based and prescribed by flashmagic manual (MAX232 AND 74125 etc), and also with following options i am working satisfactorly.
My settings are:-

1) PORT                       :-   COM2
    BAUD                       :-   19200
    CRYSTAL                  :-   11.0592 Mhz
    MICROCONTROLLER:-   P89C51RD2Hxx
2) SELECTED ERASE BLOCK 1 AND 2
3) SELECTED MY FILE  MYFILE.HEX
4) CHECKED VERIFY AFTER PROGRAMING AND EXECUTE OPTIONS

and also under ADVANCED OPTIONS -> HARDWARE RESET OPTIONS I HAVE SELECTED FIRST CHECK BOX (ie. use DTR and RTS) and i have given 100ms and 200ms respectively.   and with these options and running flashmagic i am working satisfactorly.

Now coming to my problem, i want it from KEIL IDE automatically, under options  i have put  DEVICE(89C51RD2XX, 11.059200) COM(2,19200) HEXFILE(#H, NOCHECKSUMS, NOFILL,PROTECTISP), it is also working fine but every time i have to go ISP MODE and execution mode mannually,

so i need help on how to put ALL above options(under GUI mode) on command mode including DTR and RTS timings and Erasing and Verifying and Executing.

Thanking you,
PADMANABHAM

erikm

>>Now coming to my problem, i want it from KEIL IDE automatically, under options i have put DEVICE(89C51RD2XX, 11.059200) COM(2,19200) HEXFILE(#H, NOCHECKSUMS, NOFILL,PROTECTISP), it is also working fine but every time i have to go ISP MODE and execution mode mannually,<<

No, why?.  Once your code works and you produce, why would you want to compile and link every time?

If you are talking about during development, you will, of course, want to verify good code before programming the chip.

Erik

PADMANABHAM

Sir,

I am talking about code under developing only, when i do some programe after writing code i will check whether it is working perfectly or not and if any goes wrong i will make modification and again load it into chip and again checking.

this process may continues till code comes perfectly, after perfect code i will load it in direct to chip(89c51 etc) through parallel programmer.

any way i want to load code directly from keil ide (WITHOUT GUI OF FLASHMAGIC)

PADMANABHAM

Andy Ayre

You need the following to do everything you have listed that you want to do:

DEVICE(89C51RD2Hxx, 11.059200)
COM(2,19200)
HARDWARE(BOOTEXEC, 100, 200) - see manual page 71
ERASE(1, PROTECTISP) ERASE(2,PROTECTISP) - see manual page 49
VERIFY(#H, NOCHECKSUMS) - see manual page 60
HEXFILE(#H, NOCHECKSUMS, NOFILL,PROTECTISP)
EXECUTE - see manual page 79

Note that you had the wrong device specified in your HEXFILE directive!

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Andy Ayre

Whoops! I got the order wrong. It should be:

DEVICE(89C51RD2Hxx, 11.059200)
COM(2,19200)
HARDWARE(BOOTEXEC, 100, 200) - see manual page 71
ERASE(1, PROTECTISP) ERASE(2,PROTECTISP) - see manual page 49
HEXFILE(#H, NOCHECKSUMS, NOFILL,PROTECTISP)
VERIFY(#H, NOCHECKSUMS) - see manual page 60
EXECUTE - see manual page 79

:)

PADMANABHAM

Thankyou Sir,

Its working but without EXECUTE why,  when i put EXECUTE it shows error.
   without EXECUTE taking program and executing program

PADMANABHAM

Andy Ayre

I need more information than that to be able to help you.

1. What is your entire command line?

2. What is the exact text of the error you are getting?

gbmewada

HELLO I AM GBMEWADA. I HAVE PURCHESED 89C51RD2BN, WHICH  IS VERY COSTLY.  I AM USING THIS IC FOR MY ACEDEMIC PROJECT IN MY M.SC.  THE PROBLEM IS WHEN I JOIN THIS IC WITH COM PORT USING RS232 IC (MAX232) I GET MESSAGE THAT" UNABLE TO CONNECT. TRY INCREASING OR REDUCING BOUD RATE".   NOW IF I CHANGE BOUDE RATE  AGAIN I GET SAME MESSAGE. THIS IC HAS BECOME USELESS FOR ME. SO PLEASE SEND ME REASON AND SOLUTION FOR THIS.    I HAVE TO COMPLETE MY PROJECT ANYHOW IN THIS  MONTH.
          HOPPING FOR YOUR CO OPERATION.    THANKING YOU.
                                                                         GBMEWADA.

Andy Ayre

Please take a look at the Flash Magic application note "What to do if ISP does not work" available on the Flash Magic web page. It will guide you through basic debugging steps.