P89C51RD2 ISP problems

Started by Tony G, May 06, 2004, 08:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigar

Please Help....
While programming P89C51RD2HPB through WinISP software, I am getting the message, "Flash Programming Successful". But then when i try to verify it, it shows error.  The boot vector is FC H and staus is FF H. When i try to read the chip, it shows FF h at all memory locations.

Need a quick reply.
Thanking you,
Jigar Shukla

Andy Ayre

See reply in other thread. Please only post your question once!

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Cagdas

Hi friends i need parallel programmer to set the clock  to 12 clock mode.
where I will find that. I use  P89C51RD2 to make an emulator to 8051
but it is working faster.I need the circuit of parallel programer.
Thanks

erikm

i need parallel programmer to set the clock to 12 clock mode.
where I will find that. I use P89C51RD2 to make an emulator to 8051
but it is working faster.I need the circuit of parallel programer.

Thankfully, Philips does not release parallel programming info except to professional programmer manufacturers so we do not have to debate all the problems that are, but "can not possibly be" due to the (mal)function of a kitchen table programmer.

IF the RD2 is not RD2H, software can change from 12 to 6 clock and back.

On another note, you go ahead with your "emulator", but all amateurs that have tried to build an emulator has failed so far.  An emulator takes about 5 man years to develop.

Erik

girish

I am not able to program the P89C51RD2BN.

Flashmagic showing that "unable to communicate.(transmit/receive) ensure no other aplications are using the comportconfigure.try raising or lowering the baudrate)

wha may be the problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andy Ayre

Have you tried going through all the steps in the Flash Magic Application Note "what to do when ISP does not work"? If so what results did you get for each test?

ravi kiran

sir,
 i am using p89c51rd2hbp micro conrtroller  and i am using flash magic
software to download hex files to the controller through RS-232c port
the problem is the micro contoler is not communicating with the port of the computer . the flash magic software is showing the following message
" UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE. TRY REDUCING THE  BAUDRATE. RESET THE HARDWARE INTO ISP MODE AGAIN"

the same message is displaying for various baud rates.

can anyone please solve my problem and even i dont know how to reset the hardware into ISP mode.

waiting for the reply
ravikiran

Andy Ayre

The first thing to check is that you are pulling P2.6 AND P2.7 high during reset. If you don't, the device won't function properly in ISP mode. Are you doing that?

What crystal frequency are you using? If you are above 6MHz then make sure you are starting off with 9600 baud and you have high speed communications turned off in the Advanced Options. If you are below 6MHz then keep reducing the baud rate. Make sure you reset the device after each try.

If that doen't help, then set up hyperterminal to use 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, 9600 baud and send a single uppercase 'U'. Is it echoed back from the device? If not then use a scope to see if the 'U' is making it to the RxD pin of the device.

Rane Milind E.

I am interested in ISP for microcontroller suggest the software for it where it will available on net
Milind Rane

erikm

>>I am interested in ISP for microcontroller suggest the software for it where it will available on net<<

How ignorant can you be?

the answer to your questions is:

HERE

Erik

Sreedharan.Nandu

Hi ,
   Am new to this grp,infact i have also faced several problems with p89c51rd2hbp,but was resolved by deliberate analysis and testing.Now am using p89c51rd2bn which is the recent micro available in the marke. As per the errata i did the modification ,still the controller is not entering the ISP mode.I changed the C and R value for 5V Vpp ,still the user code is executed.How can i rectify this issue???
Is anybdy facing  this same problem with rd2BN micro???
Plz mention if you have any concerns on this.

Regards,
Nandu.S

Sreedharan.Nandu

Hi ,
   Am new to this grp,infact i have also faced several problems with p89c51rd2hbp,but was resolved by deliberate analysis and testing.Now am using p89c51rd2bn which is the recent micro available in the marke. As per the errata i did the modification ,still the controller is not entering the ISP mode.I changed the C and R value for 5V Vpp ,still the user code is executed.How can i rectify this issue???

Regards,
Nandu.S

Sreedharan.Nandu

Hi ,

Regards,
Nandu.S

Deepen Shah

dear sir,
           i am student in embedded field and i am also usin philips  plcc an dip 89c51rd2bbp kit and the ic is not more working and it is not available in the market so i can buy it so please if you can suggest me that which other ic's i can use as the substitute of the ic as i have mentioned above .

sir i want one more help from you i got another board which can work with 89S52 but i dont have the ISP software for atmels 89S52 so if have please do forward me on my email id or just give me the link of net so i can download it.
Thanking you,
Sorry for the trouble

Andy Ayre

If you can live with smaller on-chip flash size, then there is the RC2, RB2, etc. Otherwise check out the datasheets on www.philipsmcu.com.

Sorry, this is a Philips based forum. Try asking on www.8051.com.