Previous topic - Next topic

kanwal

i tried to use WINISP for flash programming of PHILIPS 89C51RD2.I ensured
following settings:
PIN32 (PSEN') : LOW,
PIN31 (P2.7) : HIGH,
PIN33(ALE): HIGH,
PIN35 (VPP): +12V

but the controller still doesnt jump to BOOT PROGRAM  at location FC00.i cross check every settings but still it jumps to application program at 0000H.WINISP sends U character but controller sends no response.
Suggest me how to tackle this problem

kanwal preet singh

erikm

1) you are using WinIsp, IMMEDIATELY switch to FlashMagic
2) P2.6 need be high also.
3) is it a 'h' chip? list ALL letters on the chip
4) are you trying to program a non-h with h code or vv?

Erik

kanwal

hi
I finally implemented ISP for P89C51RD2-PLCC.I programmed blank chip on EEPROM programmer and then i tried to use FLASH ISP software.this was the problem.EEPROM programmer somehow secured the status byte and boot vector which software was nt able to read.
Then i got somehelp frm philips support and finally eliminted the problem.
now i m working to develop IAP application program on it.
anybody who cn help me in this regard pls reply,i will surely help u if i can
kanwal

erikm

i m working to develop IAP application program on it.

A lot of "IAP" development is due to a misunderstanding of ISP.  95% of the IAP can be converterd to ISP simply by adding NoTouch.

Erik

selvam

hi friends,
I am not able to program the P89C51RD2BN.

Flashmagic showing that "unable to communicate.(transmit/receive) ensure no other aplications are using the comportconfigure.try raising or lowering the baudrate)

what may be the problem?

if i use new P89C51RD2BN its working
but the old two controllers not entering into isp mode.

can anybody give suggestion?
thanks

erikm

if this is the case with a brand new chip, your problem is in the PC -> MAX232(equivalent) -> uC chain.

Erik

Sud

I am using Flash Magic to program P89c51RD2BA running at 16MHz. but it works only upto 4800 Baud. It takes a long time to program the chip at this rate. What can I do to improve the Baud Rate?

erikm

sounds like you believe in the urban legend that no MAX232(equivalent) is required.

Erik

Andy Ayre

Try using the High Speed Communications feature. It is fully described in the manual. You might be able to get a higher baud rate using it.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

kundan

hello
i used the P89c51rd chip for the timer2 opretion but there are result will be shown on the simulator. and how it properly work.
and my other problem is that the chip load the program but it can not provided the output

Andy Ayre

This forum is for discussing ISP issues. You might want to post your question on 8052.com in the forum, however you will need to post a lot more detail than that if you expect helpful replies. Try to include as much information as possible.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Sachin Doshi

Help please:

I am using MC P89C51RD2BN and want to programming using ISP.
For voltage convertor I use IC HIN232CP.

Is there something special to do for programming controller first time??

(e.g. send 'U' )

what may be the problem??

plz. answer briefly and as quick as possible..

Regards,
Sachin Doshi
Miracle Techology.Andrew Ayre wrote:

erikm

Is there something special to do for programming controller first time??

a) if you mean "first time" as in "brand new chip, fresh from factory" see 2)
b) if you mean "every time before programming commences" see 1) and 2)

1) AN461 show you which signal levels must be there to "kick the chip into ISP"
2) after that or with a factory fresh chip connect FlashMagic and run it.

notes

If you use RC reset you are screwed
the easy way is NoTouch (no levels, no swithches, just do it)

Erik

Arch Yap

i'v faced the similiar problems with 89C51RB2, and i've follow the same instruction as belows;-

a) PSEN held low with R 2k Ohm
b) P2.6 or P2.7 are high or floating
c) ALE is high or floating

and i've check the signal from scope, and the char "U" is seen at the RXD of the MCU, but not signal is out from TXD signal.

As i read from Kanwal, Do we need to blank the chip before we start our ISP. ??

TQ

Arch Yap

Erik,

I've tried to blank the chip before the programming step.  But after it program for the first time, it faced problems when i tried to reprogram the chip again.  It only can be reprogram if i erase and blank the chip again.  
How's the problems here ? as far as i know the Flash magic will configure the status byte as zero and thus it kick start the user application code.  

I've forced it to ISP mode duirng the 2nd time but facing problems in reprogramming the chip again !!
Would it be caused by reset circuit as i  currenlty deployed the simple RC circuit !!
Please advise ! TQ