89V51RD2

Started by jackyC, May 26, 2004, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ayre

Sorry, I don't have any information on SoftICE. I suggest you contact Philips directly to see if they can give you any information.

To any other people reading, don't put these devices into SoftICE mode unless you know all about it, otherwise you will find yourself stuck in the same situation.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

mahendra

89V51RD2 does not go into ISP mode evev when supply is cut off and re-established.
Does this device requires pin 31 to be connected to 12v and pin 29 to gnd at time of reset. or at pw up like 89c51rd2?
Andrew Ayre wrote:

erikm

pin 31 ... and pin 29

OF which package, please use names, NOT numbers.

Erik

Andy Ayre

All you need to do is connect the device up for normal operation and reset it (or remove and reapply power). You don't need to mess with PSEN, etc.

Because the device needs a 'U' within a specific time after reset, you must have the "Reset the device into ISP mode" window showing at the time you reset the device. While that window is showing, Flash Magic is sending out hundreds of 'U's continuously.

I have no problem to program with flashmagic in ISP mode a P89C51RD2 on my target application , becuase it support  RTS,DTR control PSEN,RESET pin
but  89V51RD2  not Support  Control via serial port  to  reset  automatic  from RTS or DTR of Serial port from Computer

Possible. if  you can update Flash Magic  this problem.

Andy Ayre

Hi,

We will add the to the list of features requested and investigate the fesability. Thanks!

erikm

but 89V51RD2 not Support Control via serial port to reset automatic from RTS or DTR of Serial port from Computer

A simple way (NoTouch flavor) would be that when a stream such as "qweryt" came down the serial port, all interrupts would be disabled and the watchdog activated.  Then the 'U's that CodeWright hammers out would be detected immediately after the WD reset took effect.

Erik

sachin

Dear Sir

I have ISP Flash Magic software I can not program this uc

can u help me how to down load .hex file & setting of isp? or other ISP patch for 89VRD2

sachin

Andy Ayre

Hi, that is not enough information for me to go on. For example, are you selecting the correct device? What crystal frequency are you using? What error message are you getting? Think about if someone sent you the same message - what information would you ask for?

K.SRINIVAS RAO

Hello Sir,

I can program satisfactorily only upto 8K in 89v51rd2. Above 8K, 89v51rd2 is not getting reset. I am using SUPERPRO/Z parallel programmer.

Kindly suggest. My code size is upto 40K.

With regards,

Andy Ayre

Sorry, this forum is for discussion of ISP issues, not parallel programming issues. Try 8052.com.

Shrikant

I am Programming 89c51rc2m using ISP .I trised null modem connection as well as circuit which has given in Flash magic manual. but i could not be able to communicate it is giving error try to redude ot increase baud ratr.
Help me.

Andy Ayre

Have you tried going through the steps in the Flash Magic application note "What to do when ISP does not work?". It contains steps that will identify any cable or wiring problems.

If it doesn't help, post ALL your results here.

Hi,
 could any one tell me the conditions at which the pins should be held (like psen, ea/vpp.....) for ISP? I'm unable to get the chip into ISP mode, though i followed the conditions mentioned in the philips application note. Please reply asap.

Andy Ayre

You just need to power it up and send a 'U' within the maximum watchdog timeout period for your crystal frequency. When you select to start an ISP operation in Flash Magic a window pops up telling you to reset the device. While this window is open, Flash Magic is streaming 'U's to the device.

The faster your crystal frquency, the harder it will be to get a 'U' within the timeout period.