89V51RD2

Started by jackyC, May 26, 2004, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nishant

I am also facing same problem in isp, and i have tried a lot resetting chip too much some time it shows erasing block 0 and after 2 t othree minute it shows programming...... and than give error message of communication of receiving/transmitting error. Please tell me how to sort out this problem.and which one is the latest version i have downloaded ur softwre just one month b4.

Andy Ayre

Please read the application note on the Flash Magic web page titled "what to do when ISP does not work" and complete the "last resort" steps, so I can see what is going on.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Peter Kay

We use 89C51RD2BA's in our product and want to make the 89V51RD2 a second source.
I am trying to support 89V51RD2 programming into our test program so I monitored your serial transmissions to determine the programming sequence.
Why to you read security bit (020000057000F2 command) twice before any function and once after function?

Other comments on Flash Magic on 89V51RD2 chips.
Using "Display Flash Memory",
1. Program appeas to hang for about 30 seconds and then starts dump. Why?
2. Why do you dump the whole memory? Other ISP chips (89C51RD2BA) do it in 2000 hex segments which seems more logical. Alternatively let user select range.

Peter Kay

Andy Ayre

Regarding reading the security bits. It is partly to do with the way the software is constructed and partly for historical reasons regarding some of the older devices.

I don't know why it hangs for 30 seconds. Are you using a slow baud rate? The 30 seconds is probably when it is reading in the data. See the response below.

Flash Magic is designed to read in the memory one flash block at a time. That method never envisioned a Philips device with a single flash block. We will add your suggestion of a user selected range to our to-do list. Thanks!

ravikiran

sir,
 i am using p89v51rd2bn dip microcontroller. i am not having a parallel programmer. i am communication using isp with rs-232, with a clock frequency of 11.0592Mhz.
  the problem i am unbale to communicate with the microcontroller. flash magic software is displaying"UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE.RESET THE HARDWARE INTO ISP MODE, TRY REDUCING THE BAUD RATE"

just i am using rs-232 null modem connections with Tx,Rx, Gnd pins. i had left the remaining pins of rs-232 left open.

is any pins of microcontroller need to be checked?

what should be the status of the PSEN and ALE and EA pins . i am not using any external memory.?
what should be the status of psen pin during normal operation mode and during isp mode?

ravikiran

Andy Ayre

Is a window popping up saying "reset the device now" with a cancel button? If not then you have the wrong device selected.

I believe the /EA pin should be pulled high. PSEN is not used to switch between ISP mode and regular mode. All the details are in the datasheet.

Karst

Hi there,

I've had the problem with the 89v51rd2 too. I spent a week trying, and now i know what's wrong. I tried to program the (new) bootloader software in the processor, but that didn't do any good. The solution was to just set the program offset at 10000h, couse that is where the bootblock starts. et voila!.. it works!

Nishant

Dear Karst,
    Are u facing problem in ISP,if it is than dont mix up 89v51rd2 with previous 89c51rd2 series. 89v51rd2 is more simpler than "C" series.Just u need to on flash magic select 89v51rd2 select any command like read signature byre from ISP menu and than software will ask for RESET the chip in ISP mode just put on ur target board but please dont pull down PSEN(29 pin in dip ) it will detect and now u will be able to read signature byte and can do rest of other works.

avinash moore

i face a problem with 89v51rd2 in isp mode. when i select a device , load a hex  file , and selecting a baud rate of 9600 ,
   when i start to programmed a ic it shows a message that reset the device in ISP node now.

for that time i reset the system with the help of reset ckt (RC) and RSTEST signal connected to RST pin. but every time it shows again the
same message . after that i cut the power supply and again do the same thing . but no result..

Kindly \give me the solution of this problem as earliy as possible. Nishant wrote:

> Dear Karst,
>     Are u facing problem in ISP,if it is than dont mix up
> 89v51rd2 with previous 89c51rd2 series. 89v51rd2 is more
> simpler than "C" series.Just u need to on flash magic select
> 89v51rd2 select any command like read signature byre from ISP
> menu and than software will ask for RESET the chip in ISP mode
> just put on ur target board but please dont pull down PSEN(29
> pin in dip ) it will detect and now u will be able to read
> signature byte and can do rest of other works.

Ajit

i am face a problem with 89v51rd2 setting 6 clock mode to the 12 clock.
i want to device in 12 clock mode.
how to swet it.

erikm

did you consider looking at the datsheet?
I do believe that that might help
but of course, that would require a small effort from you

sorrt

Erik

Zeesha

Hi,

Is there any particular crystal frequency i need to select to operate ISP in P89V51RD2 ? or will it work with any crystal frequency?

thx

Jan Waclawek

The proper operation of the autobaud routine in P89V51RD2 depends on the _combination_ of crystal frequency _and_ chosen baudrate.
You can always chose a lower baudrate to enable the autobaud routine "catch up" with a particular crystal.  
See and try http://www.efton.sk/t0t1/autobaud_error.htm

Jan Waclawek

Zeesha

What if i am using a  16Mhz crystal. Will it suffice for the autobaud of ISP or will it cause problems. should i change to a standard 11.0592Mhz. Will a 16M give me problems. Because it cannot be divided as a whole no for baud rate.

Hoping for an early reply.
Thanks.

Andy Ayre

Generally the faster the better. Anything above 6MHz should work ok, so pick the appropriate frequency for your application.

Note that dividing nicely from the crystal frequency to a baud rate doesn't apply for autobauding, because the baud rate is measured not calculated. The performance of the autobauding depends on how the autobauding code has been written, so generally you just have to try it and see.