ISP programing P89C51RC2HBP

Started by Louis Gramling Jr., January 28, 2004, 10:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis Gramling Jr.

I have been trying to program the P89C51RC2HBP by settting the PSEN pin low with a jumper installed in the input plug to a 2K resistor to ground as per AN461.  I am using the RXD and TXD.  I do not have the DTS and RTS line connected.  I have a 1uf capaciator from the reset pin to VCC.  I install the programing cable with the jumper connecting the 2k resistor which is connected to PSEN to ground and power up the device using the power  reset,  to reset the device.  When I use a terminal program the U gets echoed back.  But when I try to use either winisp or flashmagic I am unable to communicate with the chip.  What am I doing wrong?

erik malund

I have a 1uf capaciator from the reset pin to VCC.
If you read the errata, you will see that this chip does not work without a REAL reset.  Install a supervisor chip instaead of the crummt RC, stick your chip in a parallel programmer to restore the reset vector and off you go.

Erik

Louis Gramling Jr.

I have looked for the errata sheet that describes what you are takling about, but have been unsucessful in finding it.  Would you please post the link to the page that contains this information

erik malund

>>I have looked for the errata sheet that describes what you are takling about, but have been unsucessful in finding it. Would you please post the link to the page that contains this information<<

The link is on the "banner page" for the chip mat the Philips website

Erik