P89V51RD2 Command Line Programming?

Started by David Ambry, May 07, 2006, 11:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Ambry

Hi all,

I'm unable to get the FM ISP to work on the 89V51RD2 when using command line drive. Works fine through the GUI.

I'm sending:
FM com(1,9600) device(89V51RD2,6.000) erase(0,protectisp) hexfile(le2100_a.hex, nochecksums, nofill, protectisp) verify(le2100_a.hex, nochecksums)

To which the reply is:
ERROR: Invalid parameters for DEVICE directive: device(89V51RD2,6.000)

Any clues?
Cheers,
Dave.

Andy Ayre

The V and LV devices are not supported on the command line, as there is currently no automated way of getting them into ISP mode.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

David Ambry

Understood. I have access to the reset button and if it's a matter of pressing return on the command line and then hitting the reset button (or vice-versa) then it should be possible to access ISP. So is there a device with similar memory mapping that I could use if I went through the aforementioned steps?
Cheers,
Dave.

Andy Ayre

There is a hack you can use. Specify an 89C51Rx2xx and use a negative oscillator frequency. The value doesn't matter, but I suggest -1. The negative frequency tells Flash Magic NOT to send the oscillator frequency to the device, which it normally would do for a C device. This is important. Sending the oscillator frequency command for a C device to a V or LV device will cause it to enter SoftICE mode, which you don't want.

Using DTR and RTS are still on the to-do list, along with about 50 other items. Currently we are working hard on version 3 of Flash Magic, so that gets priority over the to do list right now.

juergen Sander

Are there any new informations about the command line programming of the new P89V51RD2. We are short before finishing a redesign of a P89C51 PCB and I'd like to design in the P89V51RD2 for command line programming.  Are there any infos about the principal use of the DTR/RTS line?.

Tanks

Andy Ayre

It's the same as for the Rx2/66x except only DTR is used. For example refer to the diagram in the manual for the Rx2/66x devices. Reproduce this but omit the /PSEN - RTS section of the circuit.