Main Menu

MCB900 for lpc935

Started by Anand Raman, July 09, 2004, 02:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anand Raman

Is it possible to use the mcb900 kit for programming 89lpc935 chips by replacing the 89lpc932 with the 89lpc935 chip?

anand raman

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

zhjun

Please,Is all the new LPC9XX serias MCU support isp entering method with hardware reset pulse?
I'm studing lpc9xx MCU,the break detect method is very trouble.
And I want to know if hardware isp method doesn't depend on the user code and user clock option.

erikm

>>the break detect method is very trouble<<

Then do not use it.

When a chip arrives from the factory it is in ISP mode and if you AT THAT TIME install the NoTouch for LPC that you can find at this site, you will never have to do a break detect again.

Erik

Andy Ayre

Only the devices that support ISP support the pulse entry method. Some LPC9xx devices are ICP only.

The signal timing is the sam regardless of the the user code and clock settings/speed.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Steve McKewen

What is NoTouch for LPC?

I have been having problems with a parallel programmer and some P89LPC935s, and have had to go back to using my MCB900 board, but many of my chips won't talk to FlashMagic anymore.   I presume I have programmed them with a different configuration that makes them non-FlashMagic.

What have I done?

I have maintained the break detection in the UART.
I have programmed the reset pin to be an input (as my notes said that was the default setting).
What can stop it from talking to FlashMagic?

Steve McKewen
Design Engineer
RYTMAR Technology

erikm

What is NoTouch for LPC?

it is at this website

Erik

erikm

NoTouch is a method for setting ISP mode in a chip without "pulling xxx low, Setting yyy high, the zzz low.

My method is to make the chip enter ISP mode (do a NoTouch) upon receiving "qwery7t" through the UART other ways is to make it happen on Tx pulled low (that makes it ONE pin to fiddle with).

Since it depends on something set in the chip by "regular ISP" it will nevcer "save" a chip if it has not been installed BEFORE the chip was "lost".

To use NoTouch (for any chip it is available for) it must be installed while the chip is still ISPable so the proper way is to install it when the chip is factory fresh.

Erik