P89LPC936 ICP with MCB900

Started by Jan, December 01, 2004, 06:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan

Hello, is there anyone out there, who could help me to program the 936 with the eval board MCB900 from Keil.

I set up the modification on the board, described in AN10258 from philips.
I think the pnp-transistor doesn't work in this way, if you installed the recommended ISP-ICP Bridge, because the level of P2.3 will be high and so no voltage is supplied to the processor, while programming. Am I wright?

So I inverted the signal with no positive effect.
As the other signals appear at the processors pins (P0.4, P0.5, P1.5, Vdd) I think that the malfunction of programming is related to the timing of the signals. Have anyone information about that timing?

Thanx,
Jan

Andy Ayre

I'm not sure which version of that application note you are following but the diagram in version 1 is incorrect w.r.t the transistor. You can find version 2 on the Flash Magic home page towards the bottom.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Jan

O.k. (I got the paper version 1), but I said it before, that this is not the real problem . I need information about the timing, because I program the Tssop28 processor indirectly in an application with propagation delays.

Jan

Andy Ayre

If you are following revision 1 of AN10258 then that is a problem, because the circuit diagram is incorrect. The transistor is wrong and there is a pin connection wrong.

I don't have information on ICP signals and their timing. Maybe try asking Philips?

Jan

Can you tell me, where I can get the source code of the ISP-ICP bridge, in order to change some timings?

Jan

Andy Ayre

There is the source code of an old version (1.2) somewhere on line, but I don't know if the source code is available for the current version. Maybe Philips will give it to you.