V51RD2FBC

Started by jennifer, January 12, 2005, 06:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jennifer

Hi,

Could you please answer my 2 questions

1. Once I've programmed the device (not setting security bit) it works fine, however if re-open FM the first message to pop up is 'Cannot Read Clocks bit, Reset the device or click Cancel and Click  ISP -> Read Clock bit'.  I try resetting but it doesn't work so I click Cancel and go to Read Clock bit.  A message comes up saying 'Operation Failed', I try reading Device Signature and I get the same message.  Same thing for Erase Block operation, effectively I am locked out of all FM operations but I can do a Blank Check.  How can I get the operations to function again?

2a.The V51  datasheet says that to set the security bit a serial number along with the length of the serial number should be entered (p23, 51).  I can find where to set the security number but I can't find anywhere in Flash Magic where I can set the length of the serial number.

2b. If I intend to set the security bit then should my first step after starting FM be to set the Serial number then check the boxes I want, namely: Verify after Program, Set Security bit, 6 clock cycle ?

Please help

jennifer

never mind, solved my problem