Hardware ISP for Flash magic?

Started by aguiarw, January 14, 2005, 06:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aguiarw

Where to found circuit ISP for Flash Magic working really?

erikm

OmarE

I have developed some boards that work perfectly with Flas Magic.
I do recommend use this powerful program.
For the series P89C51XXX and P896XXX I have a board
and for the recently chips, the more worderful series P89LPC, I have also other.
The advantage is that you program it using a cheeper chip as a master o zipper, the LPC922 intead of LPC 932.  You can also use it as working board.

you can e-mail me back at oespinos@eeppm.com.  I do not make profit for that, my intention is to help others.

obijam

A circuit or detail for programing 89V51RD2 is required , some of us can definetly post a write up on this

thanks in advance

erikm

<>>A circuit or detail for programing 89V51RD2 is required <<  

OK here it is

connect your PC to the MAX232(equivalent) on your board, start FlashMagic, reset the chip briefly.

Erik

konstantin

"connect your PC to the MAX232(equivalent) on your board, start FlashMagic, reset the chip briefly."

what connect  RST - DTR?

Konstantin

sandeep

hi..

i am in need of a programming circuit schematic ( well labelled) to program P889C51RD2BN chip using Flash Magic. Please help me as soon as possible...my project is stuck up due to this problem.

thankz in advance...

erikm

>>>I am in need of a programming circuit schematic ( well labelled) to program P889C51RD2BN chip using Flash Magic<<<___   THERE IS NO SUCH THING.  That is why it is called ISP (In System Programming). Have you even looked at AN461.  If you can not figure out what you ask for you should not be playing with this stuff.

If you have got something that just does not work describe it and ask.

Erik

sandeep

hey erik...

i have read an461.....is the circuit given there sufficent ???? or some more additions may be needed.

erikm

<><>i have read an461.....is the circuit given there sufficent ???? or some more additions may be needed.<<<

Of course Philips keep secrets from it's customers, it would be no fun otherwise.  THINK!!! would Philips withold information so you could not use their chips?

There is, of course the possibility of an error, thus it is essential always - whatever chip you use - to read the errata

Erik

Erik

sandeep

Hi erik
 I have implemented the circuit given in AN 461, but when i try to read the Flash Memory, i always get the message -"Unable to connect at the specified baud rate. Try reducing the baud rate. Reset the hardware into ISP mode again." I have tried to implement this circuit 4 times, but every time i get the same problem. I am not able to program the chip....i get the message for all the operations.

Plz help...my project is stuck up because of it.

Sandeep

Andy Ayre

If you read the Flash Magic application note "what to do when ISP does not work", it will guide you through debugging your circuit.

You can get it from the Flash Magic web page.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

sandeep

i have a problem andrew....the circuit in AN461 shows two squares at pins 7 and 9 of MAX232, and another square at the location below the microcontroller where the NORMAL and ISP switch has been shown. What do these squares mean ??