Old version for P89V51RD2

Started by konstantin, January 22, 2005, 06:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

konstantin

Help me please to find old version 1.87 (dll1.61) of Flash Magic!
Konstantin.

Andy Ayre

Why? Are you experiencing a problem in the latest version that wasn't present in that version? It would help to know the details, etc. Thanks.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

konstantin

The Problem consists in following:
The Diagrams provided in section 7.3.1 manual of the running version 2.07  for P89V51RD2 are not executed.
After start of the programming DTR signal is found in logical 1 constantly and chip is not programmed!
The Menu "Hardware config" locked and does not give the possibility to adjust T1 and T2 for signal RTS and DTR.
Old version 1.87 allows to change T1 and T2.
Send me, please, for testing Flash Magic 1.87
With thanks. Konstantin.
nkn@avtograd.ru

Andy Ayre

When using the V51RD2, RTS and RTS are not used for ISP entry. I suggest you start by reading the datasheet for the device. This device is very different to the C51RD2.

Next you need to select the correct device in flash magic. If you have tried to program the V device but selected a C device, then your device is probably now in SoftICE mode. Getting it out of that mode is not easy, but you might be able to find some info on the net (I don't have any, sorry).

The only situation where ESAcademy would make an older version available is if there was a bug introduced and for some reason it could not be fixed. This is highly unlikely.

Note that older versions of Flash Magic that support the V devices work exactly the same as the current version. Older versions never used DTR and RTS with the V devices. When you saw the options enabled you probably had the wrong device selected or it was a bug in Flash Magic and they were enabled by mistake.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com