How to flash beyond the limit of sector 7?

Started by Maik Staberock, February 01, 2005, 01:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maik Staberock

@Andrew Ayre:

Andrew Ayre wrote in an old thread:
>If you have the Protect ISP option turned on (in Advanced options) and
>you choose to erase block 7, then Flash Magic will automatically perform
>page erases for the first 512 bytes, so you don't need to worry about it.

Are you sure about this? I 'm currently developing with the LPC932 and I got the problem that my code size went over the magic border of 7k.
Before, I had a code size close to 7k and it worked fine. I added some routines and even if those routines were faulty, the rest of the code should still work properly. But If I flash the >7k code to the LPC any code in the <7K sectors works, but the rest does not. I can see it on what the LPC is answering on the serial port when I send him commands. There's something coming, but it's only nonsense. So it seems like the code wasn't flashed into sector 7, even if I erase the pages from 1C00 to 1DFF manually, because I don't know if FM really erases them. The LPC932 does not support flash memory view and because I can't include the philips boot code into my hexfile the CRC checksums for sector 7 will always be different.

Also, if I use the old code (compiled <7k) and recompile it with a smaller optimization level (I use Keil uVision 3) so it gets >7k it does not work anymore.

Problem of FM or of the LPC? Any clue?

TIA!

Maik

Andy Ayre

Do you have any security bits turned on for block 7?

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com