P89C51X2BN support

Started by Picstudent, March 20, 2005, 10:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picstudent

hai
        I am new to philips controllers .

I have a few pieces of P89C51X2BN (DIP).

How can I flash these chips?

Can I use flash magic or which programmer circuit will support these chips?

Please help

Picstudent

Andy Ayre

Is your device a 61X2 or an RX2? Either way they are both supported. Simply select the correct device in Flash Magic along with the other settings you need.

Flash Magic comes with a manual that describes how to use it. It is accessible from the Start Menu.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Picstudent

Hai
   My chip is  not rx2 or like.I have written exactly what is on the chip.But it is not listed in the flash magic supported devices.

is it only parellel programmable?
Picstudent

Jan Waclawek

Yes, the X2's are only parallel programmable.

Jan Waclawek

Picstudent

Hai

Thanks for clearing the confusion!

Then one last question!

Is there any Do it yourself circuits and driver softwares available for this programming purpose other than commercial programmers listed?

can we use any standard parellel programmers like that for Atmel 89C51 to programme these chips?

Thanks in Advance.

Picstudent

Jan Waclawek

I doubt that as Philips usually don't publish parallel programming specifications.
I recommend you either to find somebody with a parallel device programmer (if you are really a student then maybe some company having a programmer will be happy to program you a chip or two for some small nominal fee or maybe even for free), or to use them as ROM-less.

Jan Waclawek

Post Edited (03-23-05 01:43)

Picstudent

Hai
          Thank you very much Jan for the information.

Any way let philips live with their policies .

I cannot use a hired programmer because I do study by trial and error.

Any way thank you very much for clearing my pursuit for looking a simple programmer which doesnt exist.

As i have flash magic in mind it was my mistake to suddenly jump and purchase a few pieces  on just seeing philips 89C51 on that!!

Thanks again bye

Roy Thomas
Picstudent

erikm

Any way let philips live with their policies .

That, fortunately is no only Philips.  Atmel and others has now - horray - withdrawn parallel programming info from their datasheets for all ICP chips.

When parallel programmingt info was in the datasheets 50% of the forum questions came down to a faulty kitchen table programmer after lenghty discussions.  To build a reliable parallel programmer you need instrumentation that only those that would not even dream of building one, have (logic analyzer, scope, noise generator etc).

There are schematics of "parallel programmers" floating around on the net and most of them ar so marginal that of you use green wire instead of red they will fail.

Erik