ISP Mode P89LV51 in evaluation board

Started by Kersten, April 12, 2005, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kersten

Hallo,
I have an evaluation board PCA9564 and the Flash Magic version 2.12
I want to set the MC P89LV51RD2 in ISP mode. The baud rate is 4800 bps.
On the Com Port (4800 bps,8 data, no parity,1 stop, no flow control)

If I start Flash Magic it shows "reset device in ISP mode now"
when I do this and press the Reset button on the board, LED 09- LED 12 (Pin 2.2-2.5 from mc) turn OFF, but the windows "reset device in ISP mode now" doen

Andy Ayre

After reset the device must receive a 'U' within the longest possible watchdog timeout period. If it doesn't then the device executes user code. Therefore the faster the crystal frequency the harder it will be to get the device into ISP mode. Also the faster the baud rate the harder it will be for a given crystal frequency.

What crystal frequency are you using?

As a test, try cutting and pasting lines of 10 'U's into hyperterminal to try and get one in after the reset.
Check using a scope that the 'U's are arriving from Hyperterminal to the device's RxD pin.
Check that the reset is clean and within the limits defined in the datasheet. Also check for power supply ripple, glitches, etc.
Check that there is a sine wave at the XTAL pins. With no clock, the device won't do much!

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Kersten

Thanks Andrew,

the crystal frequency is 11,0592 MHz. The evalution board work in Boot mode is Ok. All simple programs work. The baud rate have I tested from 2400 to 19200 bps.
I have send lines of 10

Andy Ayre

How are you testing that Hyperterminal put the device into ISP mode? Did you try sending a hex record to it?

Kersten

I cutting and pasting the 'U's from txt-file into the hyperterminal.
< Strg+V  >

Andy Ayre

OK, but then you should have received a 'U' from the device. If so the next test is to send a hex record to the device. For example, ":00000001FF". Sending this record should cause the record to be echoed back followed by a "." and a CR-LF. Let me know if this happens or not.

Kersten

I have no received a 'U' from device and no received '.'+CR-LF when I sending ':00000001FF".

Andy Ayre

For some reason the device is not entering ISP mode. Ensure the reset is clean and within limits, and there is no ripple or glitches on the power supply.