Parallel programming of the LPC932

Started by Ludo Nulens, December 30, 2003, 11:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo Nulens

Hi,

Can somebody help me to get the protocol for parallel programming of the LPC932?(I program the AT89C2051, is that simular to the LPC932??)

Second question:
 I changed the internal RC oscillator to external clock in the  device configuration (ISP ) But now ther is no communication with the device.

Sorry for my englisch....

Thanks!!

Andy Ayre

Do you have an external crystal/clock connected and caps (if using a crystal)? Because you have now changed the configuration you need to connect whatever clock type you chose to the device. If you have done that and it doesn't work then check with a scope that the clock/crystal has a signal input to the device. If you clock/crystal frequency is lowish (< 6MHz) then you might need to select a low baudrate. For an initial test, check you can read the device signature, as that is a quick operation. If that works but erase/programming does not then you might need to increase the timeouts in the advanced options.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Ludo Nulens

Hi Andrew,

Yes i have an external clock connected and caps (22p). And i have checkt with a scope , but there is no signal to the device.
Because there is no clock, could i also not read the device signature, i think??? I have also try to connect an external signal to Xtal1,  but that also not work. ....(not the good freq. , i think....)
Therefore i wish to programma my device with the parallel mode. But i do not no the signals and the protocol? do you have those???

Thank Andy

erik malund

Can somebody help me to get the protocol for parallel programming of the LPC932?(I program the AT89C2051, is that simular to the LPC932??)

Philips, very wisely, does not publish parallel programming data to anyone other then authorized and certified programmer manufacturers.

I have, personally, seen the erratic behaviour of parts programmed by a kitchen table programmer.

Erik

Andy Ayre

No I don't have anything I can give you on the parallel programming of any Philips parts. Sorry.

Have you tried connecting a crystal to the device? You only mention external clocks or "signal".

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com