Access Violation at Address 0000005 Read of address 00000005

Started by Deepti, May 15, 2005, 04:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepti

Hi,

I  have installed latest version(2.13) of Flash Magic on my desktop PC, having Windows XP.

It works well for Options in ISP for P89LPC932A1,........ Like blank Check, Erase, Read Device Signature, etc etc.

However if I select a hex file for programming, and say start for programming,  I see a message " Access Violation at address 00000005 Read of address 0000005.

I have tried formatiing my drive C:\, Uninstalling Flash Magic  (including deleting folder from "Program Files" and deleting all related to Flash Magic from system Registry), still the problem persists.

Can anybody help me solve this problem, please?

Regards
Deepti

Andy Ayre

Go to File -> Save Settings and save a settings file. Email that and your hex file to me. My email address is at the bottom of this posting.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Deepti

Thank you Andy...

I have sent you the settings file and hex file.

Please suggest me a solution.

Regards
Deepti

Andy Ayre

Your hex file is not a hex file. If you open it in Notepad you will see it is a binary file, possible a project file of some kind. Select the real hex file and it should work fine.

Andy Ayre

Version 2.14 of FM now available contains better detection for invalid hex files. It also contains better support for ignoring junk included in hex files.

erikm

It also contains better support for ignoring junk included in hex files

will it tell??

many moons ago I had a parallel programmer that did just that and did not tell when it did (Ignore bad, but actual .hex records).  Sleepless nights oh sleepless nights...

Erik

Andy Ayre

It appears there are some tools floating around that produce "hex files" with some kind of ASCII symbol table at the start. These are not valid hex files but in order to work nicely Flash Magic now accepts them. The moment Flash Magic sees an unprintable character or top-bit-set character it will tell the user that the hex file isn't valid.

erikm

It appears there are some tools floating around that produce "hex files" with some kind of ASCII symbol table at the start.

That is often the result when a debug option is selected.

Erik