89C51RC2BA problems

Started by CJH, May 13, 2005, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJH

I've been using Flash Magic for a couple of years now to program these devices with no problems.  Now, however, I'm re-writing some old code, and find that when I try to program a new hex file into a device, the last address in each page (0x0fff, 0x1fff, etc.) gets corrupted.  My code doesn't work right, of course, and when I do a verify, I get an error at 0x0fff.  Since the verify doesn't go on beyond that, I'm not positive about the rest of the pages, but I have manually checked the second page (0x1fff) by using the ISP | Display Flash Memory command and see that it's last byte is wrong too.

I've never seen such a problem before.  Any ideas?  I'm using Win XP Pro SP2, and Flash Magic V2.13 (DLL V 1.79) - I just upgraded to make sure the problem didn't go away.

I have the CPU socketed, so I have switched to a new CPU right out of a sealed foil package from Arrow, and it behaves exactly the same.  I tried sending a hex file I generated a year ago, and still get a verify error at 0x0fff.

Andy Ayre

Uncheck the "generate checksums" option in the Flash Magic main window.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

CJH

THANK YOU!  I can't believe I wasted this much time on it.  I turned it on yesterday to see what it did and then forgot about it.