CRC from hex file

Started by Laurens, July 12, 2005, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurens

Hello!

I've managed to get the ISP working for the P89lpc932a1 (thanks to Werner) and i've used the command line tool of flashmagic with my own program, which was very easy!
While the microcontrollers will be programmed fully automated it would be great (and safe) to use the generated crc in the p89lpc932a1 to check if the devices are programmed succesfully.
From the Flashmagic documentation I understand that after programming the device no verify is performed, also because the code cannot be read from an P89LPC932A1.

The CRC from each block can be read from the microcontroller with the command line tool. I want to compare this with the CRC generated with the original hex file. I've found a document on this site how to generate the CRC. However I do not know the arrangement / structure of an hex file. Can someone please explain where a memory block starts in a hex file and where I can discover the data to generate the CRC for?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings,

Laurens

Laurens

oooh btw I forgot to mention that I'm using the command line tool. I know that there is an option under the ISP menu in FlashMagic to generate the crc from hex file. I also need to generate the crc fully automate from the original hex file.

Thanks.

Rens

Andy Ayre

You can download the Intel Hex file specification from here: http://www.precma.it/download/intelhex.pdf

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Laurens

Thanks for the ultra-fast reply.
I will look into it!

Laurens