flash failure

Started by Yeddnapuddi Sivakumar, February 16, 2004, 10:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ayre

For the benefit of others reading this thread, the problem was ripple on the power supply/EA.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

yogesh

Hello everybody,
I have 89C51RD2HBP    "G"   phillips make IC
I could erase the flash & program the same only the first time
Henceforth The flash is not getting Erased
in flash Magic it is giving Commn error

If anybody has soln do let me know

Thank & regards
Yogesh

erikm

89C51RD2HBP

The "H" chips will fail if you use the stupid RC reset, use a supervisor (RC reset is stupid regardless of which chip you use).  You probably have blown the reset vector from a RC reset in which case the only salvage is in a parallel programmer.

When you get going, install NoTouch and, if developing, "the backdoor" BEFORE you blow the reset vector again and you are home frree.

Erik

S.Anbarasu

Author: Anbarasu.S
Date:   08 DEC 2004

Help please,

I have tried to program the P89C51RD2BN using

Andy Ayre

If the status byte is non-zero then after a reset the device will enter ISP mode. If the status byte is zero then after a reset the device will execute your code.

After programming a hex file, flash magic automatically sets the status byte to zero. So, once programmed all you need to do to execute your code is reset the device.

However, /PSEN is also used to toggle between ISP mode and user code execution at reset regardless of the value in the status byte. Check with the datasheet for the states, but depending on the voltage on /PSEN at reset you may be selecting the wrong mode.

With an 11.0592MHz crystal you should be able to use 9600 baud fine. AIf you want to go faster you just have to try it and see. You can also use the high speed communications option, however you should only use that once you can reliably communicate with the device.

Note there is an errata sheet for this device. Get it from www.philipsmcu.com and implement the workaround, if you haven't already.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

varun

what is errata datasheet of 89c51rd2bn ?
i am not finding it on internet?
can anybody send me that?
my email id is:varun_rz@rediffmail.com

Markus Heider

Hello,

I have just reported a (for me) similar problem with P89C669.

Just look at the post from 12-01-2005 from Markus Heider, titled "Flash Erase Problems at P89C669".

At first I had problems with using the IAP function, but with verifing that that problem occured with FlashMagic, too.

regards

Markus

varun

hi
please give the exat address of errata datasheet of 89c51rd2bn

erikm

please give the exat address of errata datasheet of 89c51rd2bn

NO WAY! the you will come back tomorrow with "please give the exat address of datasheet for MAX232" or something like that

The links to ALL documents related to a given Philips chip are on the "header page" that comes up when you do a search on the chip at the Philips site.

Erik

DHAVAL DEPANI

we can't load program in below mcu, text written on the mcu is given below.
                     89C51RD2BN
                     1F9310
                     AJN0432F
                     12 CLK_ (6 CLK)
we use crystal frequency 22 mhz with 22nf cap.
     and for communication we use MAX232 (MAXIM) OR HIN232 with cap value is 10uf 63v but we can't load hex file in 89c51rd2bn using flash magic
please help me ...

erikm

we use crystal frequency 22 mhz with 22nf cap.  I hope that is a mistype!!!

also, if the chip is configures to 6 clock you exceed the max speed.

Erik

JASMI

HI

I M NOT GETTING ERRATASHEET OF AT89C51RD2BN

PLZ  DO  MAIL ME THIS ERRATA
THANX

erikm

I M NOT GETTING ERRATASHEET OF AT89C51RD2BN
Then ask at an ATMEL site, FlashMagic is for Philips chips

PLZ DO MAIL ME THIS ERRATA
THANX
1) you SHOUT, 2 you use Stupid Monkey **** (PLZ) so why would anyone feel like helping you?

Erik