isp-icp P89LPC936

Started by Harry, September 20, 2005, 01:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

ISP-ICP bridge       used on P89LPC936

hello

flashmagic version 2.39
device 89lpc936
additional security bits can not be set by isp-icp bridge code !  

i can not programm the ucfg bits by isp-icp bridge code (version 1.4), because i can not reprogram the additional security bits back to zero !

programming and reprogramming of the hex file works good
only the additional security bits can not be set back !

please help me quickly

regards

Harry

Andy Ayre

A full device erase should solve this problem. Note that you will have to turn off the Protect ISP mode which will result in the ISP bootloader being erased.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Harry

no, no way,

a total erase has no effect,

i can not erase the additional security byte  (in BOOTSTAT byte),

this is a part of the user manual of the lpc936:

Boot Status (BOOTSTAT) bit description

bit 5  AWP Activate Write Protection bit. When this bit is cleared, the internal Write Enable flag is forced to the set
state, thus writes to the flash memory are always enabled. When this bit is set, the Write Enable internal
flag can be set or cleared using the Set Write Enable (SWE) or Clear Write Enable (CWE) commands.

bit 6  CWP Configuration Write Protect bit. Protects inadvertent writes to the user programmable configuration
bytes (UCFG1, BOOTVEC, and BOOTSTAT). If programmed to a logic 1, the writes to these registers
are disabled. If programmed to a logic 0, writes to these registers are enabled.
This bit is set by programming the BOOTSTAT register. This bit is cleared by writing the Clear
Configuration Protection (CCP) command to FMCON followed by writing 96H to FMDATA.

bit 7  DCCP Disable Clear Configuration Protection command. If Programmed to

Andy Ayre

Flash Magic 2.40 and ISP to ICP Bridge Code 1.5 together will solve this problem by allowing the CCP command to be sent to the ICP device.

Flash Magic 2.40 is available now and the bridge code should be released by Philips soon.

Bo Kristensen

I work with a LPC9102 where i use the internal oscillator put it isen't running, then i tryed to connect a external oscillator and the program run fine.
Is it possible to get bridge code version 1.5 now so i could't try it?

Bo Kristensen

Andy Ayre

I don't know when it will be released by Philips - sorry.