IAP work, but its dangerous

Started by pcodas, February 13, 2006, 01:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcodas

Hi, I was looking form some help to do my sw update arch. Can I erase the first block of my flash? I think that's dangerous, because after I've errased it in IAP and change the STATUS BYTE to NON CERO, so my programm can start at BOOT VECTOR = 0x8000; since then I can NOT acces to my micro (89C664) with ISP.

Is there a form to acces again to my micro? Don't tell me just with the parallel programming form, please!!!

I can't RUN my programm since I ERASED the first block... what a miss!!!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Piero

Andy Ayre

If you changed the boot vector to something other than the factory default then:

- if you have your own bootloader at that location, perhaps something is wrong with it?

- I have no idea regarding non-factory bootloaders

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

pcodas

Andy, it worked perfectly (STATUS_BYTE != 0x00 && BOOT_VECTOR == 0x8000) because I've copied the exacly flash programm to this address (0x8000). Miserably something went wrong because I was proving my SW and I was unable to change the STATUS BYTE and BOOT VECTOR due to no implementation of this functions were included in my new SW (too bad, my fault).

But anyway, it seems that I've to demount the micro and reprogramm it in parallel again.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Piero

erikm

IAP is NOT "dangerous" it just requires that you THINK (gasp)

I have seen more IAP that could not handel a power interruption than Carter has liver pills.

Erik

erik