LPC900 NoTouch ISP

Started by Je Gold, March 18, 2006, 07:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Je Gold

Hi All,

In reference to NoTouch programming method... which seems to be 20 pin'ers and above.

QUESTION
-----------------
Where is the ISP call address  0xff00 documented and the registers that must be set up before hand?

I couldn't see it in any Philips doc's on the web.

Is 0xff00 ISP call address defined for all LPC900's that can do ISP?
(I think some are different).

Is there any Philips doc on this info?... since NoTouch is a good feature?

I suspect  LPC900 variants may have different ISP call address and setup registers....  any pointers would help.

Thanks in advance

Joe

Andy Ayre

I checked in the user manual for the LPC933/934/935 and see the entry address mentioned in the section that describes IAP. The address is given along with the name PGM_MTP.

The older devices used FF00H, but in order to stop runaway programs accidentally placing the device into ISP mode, the start address was changed to FF03H for most of the current devices.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Family

Hi Andrew!
I'm using P89LPC932-CB6765-T10246 C, the ISP point is 1E00H or 1E03H? I config: BSB=1, BOE=1, RBE=1, but micro can't enter ISP again after send Start Bootloader <89LPC932AppNote>.
I'm using Flash Magic Ver2.52
Thanks before!

-------------------------

Family
Good luck!

Andy Ayre

It doesn't matter what the ISP entry point is. Use IAP to set the status bit, start the watchdog and let it time out.

Family

To Andrew!
Thanks for reply!
I can't have any affect  to micro when using Start Bootloader Command. Flash Magic alert:  Operation Failed. (Start BootRom Command-no echo)

Family
Good luck!

Andy Ayre

Your application has to echo back the command along with a full stop. See section 6.10 of the manual.

Family

To Andrew!
I'm reading UM from link: http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/usermanuals/UM_P89LPC932_1.pdf
I can't see section 6.10 as you say, maybe on pages 112-115, but I  haven't  result from it,  P89LPC932 verC hasn't  support for hardware Reset!
I do all thing like this: http://www.lpc900.com/pdf/enter_isp.pdf (page 1). Please for me any suggestion!
Thank a lots!

Family
Good luck!

Andy Ayre

Section 6.10 in the Flash Magic user manual.

Family

I had read section 6.10 and example kstartbootrom.uV2, but, I had loaded the example Hello (Keil\C51\EXAMPLES\Philips LPC9xx\Hello\) into micro.  And in this project, I disable all interrupts! What happen with it?

Family
Good luck!

Family

To Andrew!
Flash Magic UM said that:   "If a break condition is sent, then Flash Magic does not expect the break condition to be echoed back and assumes the device has been placed in Bootloader mode." and: "Once the device completes the reset the Bootloader will be executed, allowing the device to be reprogrammed."
I do so:
1./ Connect to PowerSuply
2./ P1.5 = 0
3./ Open FlashMagic , click ISP, Start BootLoader-->Send Break Condtion-->Start BootLoader
4./ Click ISP-->Device Signature

Flash Magic alert: Unable to connect at the specfied baud rate. Try reducing the baud rate. Reset the hardware into ISP mode again.
Please for me advice! Thanks before!

Family
Good luck!

Family

When the beginning, I load the exam Hello to micro, no matter happen. But then, when I want reprogram micro  using ISP again, it isn't work. I try some ways , but haven't result. Please for me any advice!
Thanks before!

Family
Good luck!

Andy Ayre

There are three ways to enter ISP mode on these devices:

1. Supply pulses on the reset pin. Flash Magic can generate the pulses, but you need to have special hardware to convert the Flash Magic output into what the device needs. See the schematic diagram for the MCB900.

2. Break Detect. Receiving a break condition enters ISP mode. However it must be enabled in your application and your application must be running. If you failed to do this then this method won't work.

3. Custom method supported by your application. For example receiving a command on the UART. Flash Magic can send the command but it expects the command to be echoed back with a full stop. Your application needs to place the device into ISP mode. If your application doesn't support this then this method won't work. There are other methods for example NoTouch, which if you didn't build in to your project won't work either.

Some devices support ICP, which is a hardware based protocol. Check on the datasheet to see if yours has it. To use ICP you need a special interface between your PC and your device.

Family

Thanks to Andrew!
1. LPC932 RevC isn't support hardware Reset. (3pules RST) I can programe ISP with LPC922 using harware reset and have no problem.
2. I config micro BSB=1, BOE=1, RBE=1, in Start900.a51. I see that by this way, micro can enter ISP again after sending Break Condition, but micro isn't work as I want.
Maybe I try to using ICP.
Thanks again!

Family
Good luck!

Family

LPC932 hasn't support ICP :puzzled:

Family
Good luck!

erikm

why all the problems, read up on NoTouch and 'the backdoor" the use NoTouch for the LPC and make a LPC v ersion of 'the backdoor'

IT WORKS!

Erik

erik