Connection problems

Started by Yeti, April 09, 2006, 10:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

I had to do a project for a class and it is done and finished.  It is using a P89PLC925 micro.  In the lab at school, we used FM(that is on the computers there) to download the project program.  The chip is still loaded with the project code, however i have another code to try on the chip(for fun).  I just installed FM and have not changed any settings except for the:

Device:  set to the P89LPC925
                Baud rate:  7200
Oscillator frequency:  11.089Mhz(we used this at the school lab)

I know that the board works and is capable of connecting.  I was wondering if  anyone else has had or knows how to get the connection to work.

Since i know that the board works, I assume that the problem is with my computer, or iI need to change some setting in FM.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Post Edited (04-09-06 22:57)

Andy Ayre

You mention that you changed the crystal frequency. Do you have an external crystal attached and is it 11.0592MHz? Verify that there are sine waves at the XTAL pins. Did you configure the device to use an external crystal? If not go to ISP -> Device Configuration.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Yeti

There is no external crystal, i did some more reading and have the frequency set to the 7.3728 MHz for using the internal clock.  But In the labs at school the 11.089 MHz frequency worked(no crystal).

I was also able to short bits/port  2 and 3 of the serial cable and used the FM terminal to see if the cable worked.  I was getting back what i typed in the input on the output.  This leads me to think that some setting needs to be changed in FM.

Thanks
Dave

Yeti

As it turns out the cable i borowed from a friend was wired for something else.  So i bought connectors and made my own, now all works nice.  Thanks for your inputs.  Now to just think up some fun to do with it now that  the project is over :)