downloading on win2K platform

Started by SU, October 14, 2003, 06:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SU

Hi,

i just developed a testing board to test ISP feature of philips chip 89c668. i designed to use DTR and RTS as control pin to reset 8051. i tried to download a firmware under winXP and USB-to-Serial cable (funny laptop doesn't have com port). after i configured the program setting and device setting( in system config) correctly, i have no problem to download a program.
    after that i tried the same thing using another laptop, both com port and usb port, but i doesn't work ( work once or twice precisely speaking). usually it progressed like trying to connect.....erasing.....downloading... generate checksun.....verifying. often it fails at generating checksum stage. what's more, it takes much longer time to download. it always pauses a long time when downloading to perticular address(irregular). sometimes it also fails to be connected.

i don't expect it to be a hardware problem, since it's pretty straight forward. then the software config is the same with the one under winXP. so what should be the problem? hope i describe my problem clearly.

thanks
all the best

Andy Ayre

It sounds like Flash Magic might be retrying everything and most of the time succeeding on a retry, but not always.

Try increasing the timeouts in Options -> Advanced Options -> Timeouts. This was added for people using those USB to COM port converters. They don't always behave exactly like a real COM Port.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

LiCheng

Hi,

I just want learn Philips mcu. i have not use philis mcu before. i want use isp and use p87lpc769.
    How to do? Does winisp or flashget can isp p87lpc769?
    by the way, i am study in XD university xi'an China ,postgraduate.    
thanks
all the best

Andy Ayre

WinISP and Flash Magic cannot program the LPC7xx devices. Philips has written Application Note AN466 which gives details on programming these devices using a commercial programmer.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/applicationnotes/AN466_2.pdf

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

erik malund

..... But WinISP and Flash Magic can program the LPC9xx devices.

Erik