P89LV51RD2

Started by Dragonheart, November 16, 2006, 03:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonheart

Hello folks,
I'm having a serious software problem and no clue how to handle it.
I'm working with an OSRAM Pictiva display and still trying to communicate with the display-controller via Flash Magic.
I did initialise the necessary components like Baudrate, COM-Port, Device (89LV51RD2), Verify after programming and the Hex-Code. The board's using a 8051 (P89LV51RD2BBC)microcontroller and thus the device init. should be right.
The moment I press start to transfer data (Reset already confirmed) I get the following warning:  "The device signature does not match the expected value. Accessing a device using the wrong protocol could render the device unusable!!!"
I've also tried using the P89V51RD2 Controler software of Flash Magic which worked out perfect. Well, at least I could display the memory eso. but the storage arrangement is different to the P89LV51RD2.

It would be great could any of you give me some serious information according to my problem.
Thanx in advance.
Drago.

Friends!!

Andy Ayre

Go to the ISP menu and read the device signature and post here what you get. Are you 100% sure the device you are talking to is marked on it's casing as a P89LV51RD2?

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Dragonheart

Hy and thanks Andrew for your support.
No, Osram did not deliver the flash magic tool. They refered to your homepage to download the software tool.
Yes, I'm absolutely sure it's an P89LV51RD2BBC. That's what it is written in the service manual as well as on the controler itself.

According to the flash Magic tool and the panel, the Device Id for P89LV51RD2BBC and P89V51RD2 are the same.
Manufacturer ID : 0xBF
Device ID : 0x91

Thanks again for your help.

Drago.

Friends!!

Andy Ayre

In these devices the signature is not hard-coded into the device. Instead it is fixed in the bootloader. Originally there was only one bootloader for all six devices in the family, resulting in them all having the same signature.

You can either tell Flash Magic to stop checking the signature (Advanced Options -> Misc tab), or you can upgrade the bootloader. A new bootloader is available from the "Third Party" section of the Flash Magic web page.

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Dragonheart

Thanks again Andrew.

Meanwhile I tried to transfer data by using the P89V51RD2 device and it worked perfect. I guess, I keep using this kind of device also it's not the right one.  The device ID is equal to the P89LV... device ID and somehow it's not causing any trouble.
But there is still the question as to why that is?
Anyhow, I'll  "disable the device signature checking" and have a look at the outcome.

Thanks again and have a blessed day.

Greetings

Dragon

Friends!!