P89LPC9401 ISP and Programming Problem

Started by abanaiyan, January 02, 2007, 02:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abanaiyan

Dear all,
Hi

I have used P89LPC9401 and FlashMagic 3.37 for its programming. I have also designed an interface board like MCB900 as hardware ISP entry. After first programming of fresh chip via its default ISP mode, my program is not executed and also I can't connect to the chip in hardware ISP mode. Since my program is not executed so I can't test other ISP modes such as noTouch or Break detect. I want to know, what is my problem which my program is not executed after first programming??!!
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
A. Banaiyan

Andy Ayre

How do you know your program is not executing? Check the usual suspects - VDD, GND, and any external crystal you may have attached.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

abanaiyan

I have used internal oscillator. Vss and Vdd signals are OK and checked by scope. My program in a infinite loop, toggles P0, transmits a pattern to UART and also enables output clock. But there is no activity in all of output ports. Also I sent some characters via FM terminal but in a few tries, some unknown characters were returned. In this situation, I don't know state of microcontroller!! Is it in ISP mode or not?? Is it programmed successfully or not?? what is the state of status bit and bit vector??
Please guide me, I have used five fresh chips and didn't get any response.

Thanks in advance.       
A. Banaiyan

Andy Ayre

Did you change UCFG1, either by using ISP -> Device Configuration in Flash Magic or by using start900.a51 in uVision? If so check you didn't change the oscillator configuration to use an external crystal.

I don't know what state your device is in, but you should be able to get it back into ISP mode by configuring Flash Magic to control DTR and RTS - providing your circuit matches the MCB900 circuit.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

abanaiyan

I didn't change UCFG1 and oscillator configuration and my micro use internal crystal. By a bit modification in my circuit, my device can go to ISP mode. By performing CRC, it is extracted that my hex file CRCs and device CRCs are identical for filled blocks. But, when programming was finished successfully and the circuit was reset, there is no activity on device output ports. I want know, why my program is not executed and what conditions may cause this situation?
Is my hex file generated not correctly?
Is it relates to version of FM or device model?

A. Banaiyan