WORKING ISP NoTouch code P89LPC935 P89LPC9321

Started by Je Gold, February 03, 2007, 07:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Je Gold

OK,  I have had time to prove my theory of getting NoTouch ISP bootloader activating code working.

Please find the ASM code attached... Note it calls the ISP bootloader at 1F00h for the LPC932A1 and LPC935.

It's very simple code (no complicated IAP stuff required)!

Enjoy  Joe    ;D 

PS..... If your can't jmp to 1F00h (eg code stuck in a loop or other) then you can't activate the NoTouch bootloader, and ISP hardware entry will be required.

(Andy - you can hang it on your web site if you think it is suitable)

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

erikm

If your can't jmp to 1F00h (eg code stuck in a loop or other) then you can't activate the NoTouch bootloader, and ISP hardware entry will be required

Thsat is why "the backdoor" was invented. Read all about it.  the same can easily be applied to any proceoor version of NoTouch.  With "the backdoor" hold a port pin low, reset and you are in business.

Erik
erik

Je Gold

Hi Andy,

I have put some comments in to the latest piece of isp.a51  which relates to setting all registers back to power-on defaults and turing off the Watchdog duing isp activities.

There's no change to the code... just comments...

Can you update the isp.a51 in resources page with the one attached.

Joe

Andy Ayre

Done. You may need to clear your browser cache to get it.

Andy

rbtamd

I made a backdoor version for the Joe's ISP demostration program. This was made based in the Erik's and Joe's documents. I hope this can help, the file name is ispbackdoor.a51 and it is attached to this post.
Andy if you consider it you can put it in the resourses section.

Thanks

Roberto

Andy Ayre

pak

Hi Roberto,
           According to your ispbackdoor.a51,
QuoteIf you have any trouble with ISP and you loose the boot vector, you must to shut down your system and put a clip from TXD pin to GND. Then power up your system, remove the clip, and your controller will be in ISP state. This controller will be in "fesh state" I mean, when you power it up it will be in ISP mode.
From my understanding, I have to make short-circuited from TXD pin to GND. For example, I want to recover ISP mode of P89LPC935FA and then
1) Shut down the system,
2) pin 18 and pin 7 (GND) have to be connected.
3) Power up the system, then remove the short-circuit from pin 18 and pin 7.
4) now p89LPC935FA can be used in ISP mode again. Meaning, the chip can communicate with Flash Magic.
Is it correct?

Thanks a lot,
pak

rbtamd

Exactly that is. Follow the code and you can see the test in the TXD pin and the IAP calls.

Roberto

rbtamd

Please check the "default boot vector values and ISP entry points" in the datasheet to set the right value to the boot vector.

Roberto