LCP2368 and MCB2360

Started by kriisi, March 08, 2007, 01:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kriisi

How could I detect what is going wrong when nothing works (ISP read device signature or anything)? The only information I get is command failed. This is the same information that follows if COM selected is wrong. This board is at the moment as it was received from Keil, it has a demo program flashed to it (showing the potentiometer settings with leds and on the LCD). With some reading and testing I have determined that J10 on, J13 and J4 off and also leaning on the int0 button when reset/power up it will held (presumably to bootcode) until the RS232 cable is removed from COM0. However the board will not react to Flash Magic in any way.
I had another board here, which I programmed with IAR and J-link and that went great but even that board could not be contacted with Flash Magic. I Have sent the other one to local representative for a second opinion. If you have any ideas, I'd like to try 'em out before I start flashing this board with J-link.

Andy Ayre

There are some basic debugging steps and ideas here:

http://forum.flashmagictool.com/index.php?topic=3273.0

Post your results so we can help further.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

kriisi

Thank you,
this just conformed me what I have suspected all the time. If there is an internal bootcode or flashroutine or whatever, it is not responding. The 'U' is sent Ok all the way to LPC2368 pin 142 but nothing comes out from 141. Cable is OK, and pin76 (p2.10) is tied to ground how ever the application will always star up if I don't lean on button int0 when powering up. I don't think there is much I can do to this.

Andy Ayre

The autobaud character for the LPC2xxx is a '?', so try sending that.
If the bootloader is not responsing then the method of placing the device into ISP mode is not correct. Check the voltages on the necessary pins during reset. Make sure you have the jumpers configured correctly.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com