half-duplex for LPC2000

Started by LPC, September 26, 2007, 09:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPC

Hello,

I see Options "Half-duplex Communications" and "Protect ISP Code" deactivated if any of LPC2000 microcontroller  is selected. If any other microcontroller type is selected the Option "Half-duplex Communications" is activated.
My configuration is:
FlashMagic Version 3.65.238 for non production use.
Windows XP
Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks.

Andy Ayre

Protect ISP Code is disabled because it isn't relevent to the LPC2xxx devices. The bootloader cannot be erased via ISP so there is no need to protect it.

Half duplex is disabled for the LPC2xxx devices because it isn't supported. If there is sufficient demand then we will support it but so far you are the first person interested in the feature. Half duplex is only useful if you are attempting to use ISP over RS485 or similar and is much slower than full duplex.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

LPC

Thank you for responce.
I needed this feature to test our board. I have read on the FlashMagic homepage about half-duplex support, but nothing about limitation. Therefore I mean I use the tool in wrong way.

Andy Ayre

If you are not using RS232, what are you using for the serial comms that requires half-duplex?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

LPC

We use only one line for communication . It is useful for this particular board. We need only supress the echo.