FlashMagic from Dell Core Duo Laptop

Started by tharkaway, August 27, 2007, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ayre

Are you looking at Options -> Advanced Options -> Communications Tab? If so when an LPC2xxx device is selected the 6 clock/12 clock option shouldn't be shown as they are not relevant.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Andy Ayre

Sorry, forgot you are using the command line. Use zero as it doesn't apply.

Andy

Shawn

I am writing for the command line interface.  But your answer gives me what I need.  For the LPC2378, the option is unused and sent as a 0.

Thanks yet again.

Shawn

Shawn

Hi Andy.

Don't hate me yet.

I tried highspeed mode (in the GUI) and recorded these results.  I get a failed to read device signature when I try to program.  I answer NO when it asks if I want to continue.  I answered yes once but it still failed.

Is there anything in these files that would help you guide me to be able to use highspeed mode?

Shawn

Andy Ayre

In both cases FM ends up using 38400 baud as the device cannot manage 57600 baud at 12MHz. Here FM sends the new baudrate:

tx> B 38400 1\d\a
rx> B 38400 1\d\a
rx> 0\d\a

The '0' means that the device accepted the command. FM then switches to 38400, but keeps getting corrupted data back from the device:

rx> ??38?9?077??

I'm not sure why this is happening. I would use a scope to measure the pulse widths at each end of the communication path (device TxD pin and PC com port).

Andy

Shawn

Does the clock setting in the device command set the clock?  Is there a reason NOT to set it higher?

Shawn

Andy Ayre

Do you mean the crystal frequency you enter into Flash Magic? The device needs to know how fast it is running for the bootloader to function correctly. This must be accurate. If you are using 12MHz then enter 12.000.

Andy