P89v51 Read Signiature incorrect

Started by Je Gold, October 10, 2007, 07:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Je Gold

Hi Andy,

This is in reference to a parallel programmer  .... but I think i saw on this forum a similar problem using flash magic.

The problem is new shipments of P89v51 have a different read signature to the earlier supplied P89v51 parts.

IE  Philips branded ones have a working signature and the NXP branded ones do  not.

Do you have any advise or comments?

Thanks in advance .

Regards
Joe   

Andy Ayre

Some devices in this family have more than one siganature, but for the 89V51RD2 I know of only one:

BFH, 91H

What is the signature you are getting from the device?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Je Gold

My friendly neighborhood NXP support advised that the device ID in newer P89v51s' will/has changed from 0x91 to 0x93.

Your local friendly neighborhood NXP FAE support should be able email a copy of the PCN (product change notice)... around Jan 2007. This PCN will advise the change over, timing and part device identification.

a) P89v51       for device ID = 0x91 and
b) P89v51(new)  to identify newer  device ID = 0x93.

Educated guess - the new Device ID may have been needed to indicate to the programmer a different programming algorithm.

Joe

Andy Ayre

Hmmm...that's a bit confusing. All the 89(L)V51Rx2 devices have different signatures, and some have two possible signatures. So it doesn't make too much sense to change the signature in all the devices to be the same. I will look into it.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com