how to programme external flash of lpc2290 ?

Started by Lucky-Joe, December 12, 2007, 08:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky-Joe

Hi @all,

I have downloaded the flashmagic-tool because i have read, that it is capable of programming NXP's Lpc2290 also. But the LPC2290 does only provide ISP for internal RAM but not for external flash - so I am disappointed.
I am using a LPC2290-board without internal flash and I am searching for a tool, may be also commercial, in order to programme the external connected flash of LPC2290. Is there such a solution for porgramming external flashes, may be CFI-compliant ?
Does someone have written a bootloader-flashing-software which satisfies my request ?

I hope, that someone have already solved that problem and will provide me any help or may be tool ?

kinds regards

Joe

Je Gold

Yes you will need an external parallel programmer to program the Parallel Flash externally.... nothiing to do with Flash Majic.

If the LPC2290 is already up an running  - it  may have it's own bootloader to program the parallel flash.

If you read through the data sheet of the paralllel flash part on your board.... there should be something on the the JEDEC programing sequnce..

OR

Perhaps you can use on of the other NXP LPC22xx parts with flash onboard  - a LPC2292 comes to mind.

Joe

Lucky-Joe

that was not my question, i do have a jtag-programmer which is capable to programme external flash, i was looking for a tool which can programme the extrenal flash without a jtag-tool and if it is possible to use the isp-mechanism of the lpc2290 together with flashmagic, but there is the problem that i have to write a ram-based communictaion programme which communicates with the flashmagic via serial line and which is capable to programme the external ram.

I thought that someone has had the same requirements as we do in order not to write it by myself and may be it is part of the flashmagic-tool ? But I think that is unfortunately not so :-(

regards

joe

Andy Ayre

No, we haven't done anything in that area, except a feasibility study for a RAM based external flash bootloader. There are currently no plans to develop one.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Je Gold

my very limited understanding is that you can download ram code in to a LPC2000 device.... and execute it.

I think this how to reflash the internal flash memory.

I think you are best off posting your question to the Yahoo LPC2000 group.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/lpc2000/

Perhaps Flashmagic may consider a JTAG flash option in the future.... however it will be heavily Dependant on the JTAG hardware used.

JG