putting P89V51RD2 in 6 clocks per machine cycle

Started by mihir, December 21, 2007, 02:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mihir

" By default, the device runs at 12 clocks per machine cycle (X1 mode). The device has a clock doubling option to speed up to 6 clocks per machine cycle. Clock double mode can be enabled either by an external programmer or using IAP. " - Data Sheet P89C51RD2

I have tried Flash magic to do it. but under the "Options > Advance Options> Communication " the menu is hidden and i can't access it.

Please guide me how can i do it using flash Magic.

Your Sincerely,
Mihir

Jan Waclawek

Assuming you are talking about P89V51RD2, it's in the "main" window, a tickbox with a somewhat misleading name, "Prog Clocks Bit" (at least in version 3.61 I am currently using).

JW

Andy Ayre

It used to have a more specific name, until more devices appeared with different meanings for the bit.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

mihir

prashanth

This may sound silly to you people, but I wanted to confirm if it is possible to reset the v51rd2 mc to run at 12 clocks/mcycle when it has been programmed to run at 6 clocks/mcycle? If so what must I do?

Andy Ayre

I am not sure, sorry. Try contacting your local NXP FAE.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

bugmike25

Setting the FST register to 0x08 should make it work with 6clocks/cycle. Am i correct?

prashanth

No...no....
You have to program the clock bit to make the mc run at 6 clocks per cycle when you write the hex code to the mc. Fst register just indicates whether the mc is running at 6 clocks per cycle.I guess you cannot alter it.