handshake based ISP and UART routines

Started by PADMANABHAM, March 13, 2005, 04:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PADMANABHAM

Dear Sir,
      I am facing a problem,  first i will explain my hardware,  iam using P89C51RD2BN and  handshake controls for to get into isp mode and i configured  flashmagic settings also,  and working well
      but  when iam trying to use  hyperterminal for display  "Hello world " program  nothing is displaying,  
      later i connected (shorted)   pins   1-4-6  and 7 -8,  pins of 9 pin D connector at pc side,  and removed  handshake leads, then starts working displaying  "hello world"
      but keeping these connections along with handshake pins which are controlling ISP,  interupting ISP system through handshakes,  and my  PSEN remains low, and RESET remains HIGH, this is causing system not working,  
      what can i do, to use both  handshake based ISP control and serial programing,(terminal),.

thankyou,
PADMANABHAM

Andy Ayre

Try configuring Hyperterminal to use no flow control (i.e. ignore handshaking of any kind).

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

PADMANABHAM

Dear sir,
     You mean that shall i try without connecting  (shorting) pins 7-8, 1-4-6
????????.   and  change settings of hyperterminal into  no flow control????.
     or  shorting  7-8,  1-4-6  along with no flow control????.  i already tried this,  but this is giving problem,  system going to reset mode, means reset pin remains high  and psen pin remains  low :(.
     ok  i will try first one  only four wires,  TX, RX, DTR and RTS and i configure hyperterminal to no flow control and i will come to you back, with results.

Regards
PADMANABHAM

PADMANABHAM

i tested by setting flow control to none,  but no use,   and my one more observation is,  
    for testing this  i have written a simple serial port routine on dos plat form using Turbo C,  there i have configured  MCR (MODEM CONTROL REGISTER) setting 0x00,   BASE PORT +1, with value  0x00,  then it starts working,  and ISP and  Mysimple terminal both working on same cable wiring, but still im getting problem due to  flashmagic im working on windows environment and that too  direct from uVision, and to run my terminal program im going to dos mode, after exiting from dos to windows mode then only  flashmagic starts working other wise its showing error accessing COM port.
     any way  pls help me on this  modem controll settings in hyperterminal or suggest me any other good terminal program  (preferably freeware)

Thankyou,
PADMANABHAM

Jan Waclawek

Try http://bray.velenje.cx/avr/terminal/

Direct pin manipulation (and many more interesting features) is implemented also in http://realterm.sourceforge.net/ , but its overall appearance is quite poor and is not easy to use (and has a - documented - flaw in sending binary files, it misses each $1A).

Jan Waclawek