config protection reset

Started by ctsuser, January 26, 2009, 12:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctsuser

I am using flash magic V4.16 and I am trying to find a way to clear the config protection through the command line but haven't able to do so.  Could any of you know how to do this?  If so could you please explain?

Andy Ayre

Which device are you using? Typically protection is removed using an erase of the entire device. But this depends on the specific device.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

ctsuser

Andy,
           I am using the LPC952 device and I have used the erase(device, noprotectisp) command but it does not clear the CWP bit.  I would just nice to have a command that does the same thing as the clear config button in the GUI.  The fact is that with the application I am using it is much easier to interface with flash magic through the command line.  By the way, another issue I have seen with the newest version of flash magic  is that the interface type FDI USB-ICP has changed to FDI USBLPC9xxx, but when i used it.  It did not recognize the programmer.  Not sure what was that all about.  Anyway, I went back to the earlier version of Flash Magic and it works fine on that regard.

Will Rodas