P89V51RD2BN - Programming problems.

Started by dptxp, February 20, 2009, 04:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dptxp

1) My way of getting into ISP mode is to give a command, normally "read signature" and then to power up, before OR after I get the "Reset the Device for ISP mode" message. Sometimes it takes quite a few attempts whatever method I use. That is not much I am worried about.

2) When I program with "Set Security Bit" and " Program Clock Bit" checked, the device programs but I get a message something like " Program Clock Bit" failed. I have to switch-off and power-up again to get into ISP mode and I see the Clock Bit set but Security Unset. I program again and and the security bit also gets set.

Now I have to program twice if I have to program both the 'Security Bit' and the "Clock Bit" (for X2 clock).

3) I am not too sure but if I set the serial password and then reprogram, the password does not work. Now I set the password after I program.
Can we not have a checkbox to set the serial password after the program sequence ?

Andy Ayre

Regarding item 2 I think that may be resolved if you update to version 7 of the bootloader (available from our resources page). Please give that a try and report back.

For item 3 we will add it to the list of requested features. Thanks.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

dptxp

Thanks.

Just to add clarity to point -3 , 'password does not work' means that the device can be read, OR serial number is reset.

As far as the point 2, I saw the solution in an earlier post of mine after I had made this post.
Uploading boot-loader may solve the problem, but that is not going to reduce the programming work. The current problem
seems to be like the clock-bit getting set before the security bit, both are not being programed with a single byte-write.

dpt