ISP fails after several programmings

Started by atika, June 02, 2009, 03:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atika

Hey everybody!

I read thru the FMF but couldn´t find a topic that fits my problem  ... and here it is:

I have build several different Circuit Boards with the LPC2378 as MCU. They all work well.
After beeing several times programmed, there seems to be a failure in the serial communication. Let me explain exactly:

1st I use a DIP-Switch to get the ISP-Pin grounded(P2.10)
   2nd I turn the power on
   3rd I can see that the LPC2378 is in ISP-Mode cause the LEDs used in my design are normaly turned off, and now they are all on
   4th I try to program the LPC2378 (like I did with exact the same device several times before [and in that cases with sucess]) but it could not connect.
   5th Now I turn the power of, get the device out of the ISP-Mode(by using the mentioned DIP-Switch) and turn it on again, to see if there is any damage on the device ... But everytime the old firmeware is still running perfect and there seems to be no damage to the device

The only thing that doesn´t work anymore seems to be the serial port on the LPC2378.

I am sure that there is everything fine with the hardware, for it works several times (e.g. 10 times) and then the above mentioned happens.
Is there any possibility that I have to set a flag while I to program the device, that I have overseen??
Could anyone give me any hint???

If you need more (and perhaps exacter) infos please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Andy Ayre

Please generate a debug file and send it to us. Instructions are here:

http://www.flashmagictool.com/debugfile.html

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Andy Ayre

The debug file shows FM sending the autobaud character '?' and then doesn't get a reply. This should be reproducible in a terminal program like Hyperterminal. I'm not sure why that could be happening. Put a scope on the TxD pin of the device to see if it is transmitting anything.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com