Problem with GO command and LPC2468

Started by fossi15, July 21, 2009, 06:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fossi15

Hello,
i am using a LPC2468 and want to update the firmware with ISP. This is working fine, but then i want to use the go command to restart the controller and this fails! I had a look in my Map file and this told my that i have a entry point at 0x26c. Now i enter this address in Flash Magic and click the ok button. But nothing happens...
Can anyone give an idea what i made wrong?

Thank you, Norbert

Andy Ayre

Are you using DTR and RTS for ISP entry? If so try increasing the delay in the Go window. I recently was using the Go function with a 1000ms delay and it was working fine.

Try your hex file with a start address of 0x00000000 and see if it works.

Another idea is to create a simple blinky program that has a start address of 0x00000000, then try that. If it works then the problem is with your original hex file or it's entry point.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

fossi15

Hello Andy,
thank you for yur response! In my application i don't have the possibility to use the DTR and RTS lines. In the cable are only Rx, Tx and GND connected. I hope this is not a problem!
I tried the GO command with a delay of 2000ms, but without success.
I use the IAP command 'reinvokeISP' to start the ISP routines. After this i am updating my firmware with FM and then i want to start my firmware with GO. Maybe reinvoking is a problem?

Bye, Norbert

Andy Ayre

If you are not using DTR/RTS then the delay in the Go window will have no effect.

If you remove and apply power to your board does your code execute? If not then it's a problem with your code. If it does then the start point is 0x0000000, not 0x0000026C.

Also make sure your code verifies using the verify feature.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

fossi15

Hello Andy,

when i make a hardware reset, my firmware is starting normaly. And i tried both of addresses as entry point, 0x0 and 0x26c. I had a look at the data stream, which came over the RS232 during the go command. I found out, that FM always sends a 'G 0 T...' to the µC, regardless the setting i used with the go command (ARM or Thumb mode). The next thing i found out, is that the µC sends the echo for this sequence of ASCII, but not return Code.

Bye, Norbert