problem for FlashMagic for LPC1311 ISP

Started by sougisyou, February 19, 2010, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sougisyou

Hi,
    I tried to build a Programmer using flash Magic and philips LPC1311 ARM cortex-M3 Microcontroller. I did verified in hyperterminal it work at new chips, After i tried to download a program into the Microcontroller, and reset it didnt respond anymore. I did change another new chip and tried again, and same result.

Anyone can give me advise? I actually dont really understand what is going wrong.. Thanks,

Andy Ayre

We need more information, such as the tests you have performed. Please see http://forum.flashmagictool.com/index.php?topic=3628.0

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

sougisyou

Hi,
     Thanks for reply..   I tried it in several month before, i cant really remember.. I was mailed to philips , they didnt reply me.. I was gived up. until i found this forum.

I build the programmer kit by myself , I did verify it in hyperterminal, When i activate the bootloader it will show something synchronize . to make sure the chip is working..  So i tried it in flash magic, I able to communicate nicely.. and detected the chips, i tried to write some simple program using keil uvision, just turn on the port to light up the led to make sure the LPC1311 is working. After i downloaded the code into LPC1311 it show success. I press reset buttom, it died, the led didnt turn on, and i cant activate the bootloader, i try again in hyper terminal, it show nothing.. and flash magic also show like no chip is there..  I tried another new chip and  downloaded the code into the chips and died again..

I not sure is it i write something wrong with the code can cause the bootloader died? or keep looping?

Andy Ayre

New devices from the factory power up into the bootloader because they don't contain a valid checksum at location 00000014H. Once you have programmed your device and reset it, it then requires the conditions described in the user manual to be met in order to activate the bootloader.

I would suggest you take a look at some of the LPC11xx eval boards available and compare them with yours to see what you have done differently.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com