Executing Program 89c51rc2h

Started by sean, November 24, 2003, 08:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean

I am migrating an EPROM based program AMD 87c51 to the flash part 89C51RC2HBP. I downloaded and executed a test program from the Philips web site no problems. My program does not get executed on the flash part, it works OK on the AMD windowed part. I did set the status execution byte to 00.
I can read the program and the status byte back from the flash part they are correct.

Any ideas or hints, appreciate your response

Thx

Andy Ayre

You were able to download and execute a test program, but not your actual application?

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

sean

Correct, my application works on a windowed EPROM AMD but it does not work on the Philips flash part.

thx

Andy Ayre

I don't know the answer. You might have more luck posting at www.8052.com or www.philipsmcu.com where more generic mcu descussions take place.

sean

Just to follow up on the solution:

The problem was the execution cycle times 6-clk vs 12-clk. The default on the 89C51RC2HBP is 6-clk. I set the clock rate to 12-clk and Bingo !!
There is a newer version 12-clk default philips IC 89C51RC2xx

keep in mind that according to data sheets the programming option for the clock can only be programmed once (OTP).

Thx for the help

Andy Ayre

Thanks for the update.

Note that the 89C51Rx2xx devices that default to 12 clocks/cycle may be repeatedly switched between 12 clocks/cycle and 6 clocks/cycle. It is only the older 89C51Rx2Hxx that can only be programmed to 12 clocks/cycle once via a parallel programmer.