Doubt about using FM from my java code

Started by dipal.singh, August 10, 2010, 11:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipal.singh

Hello everyone...i am developing an application that will run the exe file of FM
but i am unaware of how to pass parameters(such as file path etc) and how to let FM initiate  the burning process itself i.e i want the start button to be pressed automatically( or the same effect is desired )...any guidance will be highly appreciated

Andy Ayre

You need to use the command line interface instead for control from your own application.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Andy Ayre

You shouldn't post your email address like that. Spammers automatically scan websites like this one looking for email addresses. I suggest you edit your post to remove it.

dipal.singh

hello everyone...im on the verge of completing my web application that allows a user to upload a hex file into a Firebird V robot automatically from anywhere in the world!!!! im facing one problem...i ve to manually press the reset button on the robot everytime to enable its ISP mode while writing to its ROM...else everything is working fine....please suggest a solution...i tried using DTR but its not working properly...thanks :)

Andy Ayre

You don't mention the device you are using, so you will only get general help from people...

The DTR/RTS option does work. You should avoid using USB to RS232 cables and use a scope to observe the action of the signals to debug your hardware.

dipal.singh

the device is 89V51RD2 on a Firebird V robot by Nex robotics....its manual says to uncheck the use DTR to control RST option from the hardware config menu...and yes im using a usb to serial converter   :(

Andy Ayre

If you have no control over the hardware then you have no choice. You will need to contact the hardware manufacturer to find out what options (if any) you might have to start the bootloader under software control.

Some of the USB-based virtual COM port drivers have an issue with DTR and RTS. Unfortunately I can't be more specific than that as we don't have enough data to pin it down.

Andy

dipal.singh

what i the command line command or the shortcut key for clicking the ISP->Reset option ??

Andy Ayre

Quote from: dipal.singh on September 20, 2010, 12:24:16 PM
what i the command line command or the shortcut key for clicking the ISP->Reset option ??

See the Flash Magic manual pages 75 and 88.