LPC 1769 Ethernet Rx CRC Error

Started by nk15, January 29, 2012, 02:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nk15

Hello,

Im trying to flash a LPC through the ethernet bootloader but once a corrupted UDP packet has been seen the program stops and cant recover. This happanes all the time. Receives some packets and the a CRC error drops the packet and then cant recover from this. Im able to erase all sectors and view the flash memory, the problem happens when I burn the software.

I tried direct connection to the PC, same problem. Any thoughts?

regards,
Nick

Andy Ayre

I would try to find out why you are getting corrupted packets in the first place. It's probably a situation the author of the bootloader didn't see and it's certainly not something I've seen when using the Ethernet bootloader.

Try connecting the microcontroller directly to your PC with a single Ethernet cable. Are the packets still being corrupted? If yes then try a different PC. If not then start adding in the devices that are on your network one by one.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

nk15

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested prior to posting. Although I didnt try a different PC. The bootloader is from the example you offer, but needed a few mods. I will investigate this matter further when I have time.

Regards,
Nick

Andy Ayre

A direct connection from your PC to the board still produced corrupt UDP packets from your PC?

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com