Support device with off chip ROM? (LPC1830 with SPIFI)

Started by chuckp, September 09, 2012, 07:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ayre

As I mentioned in my December 5th post above, you need to set the BOOTn pins to start the BootROM feature. This is completely different to the ISP UART-based bootloader.

I can't recall if the LPC1857 has that feature, however we are working right now on an improvement to the external flash bootloader system to support the ISP UART-based bootloaders. It should be completed sometime this week or next week.

Andy
Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com

Cusko

Ok, now I get it. These are two different protocols. Thx for help.

If you need any testing or anything else with the new functionality just let me know. I will be glad to help.

And if I may suggest something: The load to the flash Bank0 and Bank1 should be at the same time. You just choose which one you activate.

Bostjan

Cusko

Quote from: Andy Ayre on January 22, 2013, 01:46:54 AM
As I mentioned in my December 5th post above, you need to set the BOOTn pins to start the BootROM feature. This is completely different to the ISP UART-based bootloader.

I can't recall if the LPC1857 has that feature, however we are working right now on an improvement to the external flash bootloader system to support the ISP UART-based bootloaders. It should be completed sometime this week or next week.

Andy

Any news on that?

Andy Ayre

Embedded Systems Academy, Inc.
support at esacademy dot com